1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Road?

Discussion in 'General' started by cranky yankee, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the other hand we had a grid full of Novices on normal DOT's (not rains) start in the dry and then T1 on lap 2 the bottom dropped out and the rest of the race was run in the rian - no crashes and only 25% pulled in.

2. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

In the dry it's good and very good grip and you can just ignore the sealers. When it rains oh nellie. If you can run Savannah in the rain without crashing you can race anywhere in the rain. I don't think it's a bumpy track at all compared to a lot of other places.

3. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

I've crashed there many times... twice due to run off. I dropped a wheel off the pavement coming out of 6 and it was a 6"-8" drop off. The bike pistol whipped me into the pavement. Next I was pulling off on the straight (out of gas) and crashed in a ditch. Other than that, theres good run off in most turns there. Just try not to hit the ambulance. _THAT_had to be the wildest crash I have ever seen there. The guy ran wide off 3, rode it all the way to the berm, jumped it, and hit the ambulance sitting behind the berm. ...then it caught on fire. I think rider was ok. I've got a pic somewhere...

And if it starts raining, then head downtown for St Pats party. :beer:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  4. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

Stay off the Rumble strips.. especially in the last turn.. If your tires get on them it will pitch you.. The strips are not smooth like some other tracks.. When it pitched me there I was very suprised.. but they are rutted out. hard to see

5. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I love RRR. Next to Barber, it's my mostest favoritest. I'm looking forward to the first round at RRR. The real question here is,'Will there be another shrimp boil on Saturday night after the solos?'

6. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

I think its fairly smooth because I can set up a suspenion.:Poke: :D

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i had something to do with that crash. :eek:

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

If you want bumpy, try Belknap! :D

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

We're working on it. :)