1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Mountain MiniMoto

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Senna, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Anyone racing RM Mini around Colorado?

A transfer to the greater Denver area is looking quite likely for work, and I'm looking to get some cheaper track time in addition to rounds with MRA.

What's the best class/class for a grown adult to race in? I have a KLX 140 mini that I was planning to ride on my buddy's dirt track, but if that's a viable option I may just start prepping that for kart track use.

Thanks in advance.

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Keep the dirt wheels and get a spare set built for the cart track. Then you can use the 140 for double duty.

Senna likes this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I was thinking the 140 would be a little small for me for actual dirt riding out there.

4. Dan Parker

Dan Parker Member

I race with MRA and Rocky Mountain Mini Moto. Great group of riders in both groups. The 140 will be a fun bike but I'm not sure if it will have classes it fits into competitively. F3 is the closest fit. You would be against kx65's with 73cc big bore kits. The CRF150R's have really taken over in the group. Hit me up if you ever want to meet at IMI or SBR. There's almost always a good group of mini guys practicing if the weather is good.

Senna likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Hey Dan. Appreciate the input! That's good feedback on the KLX. I'll probably just end up selling it and picking if this transfer happens, then.

I'll for sure reach out in the future. I'm planning to race MRA in the 350 class once I figure out how to get around the tracks out there.