1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rochester, NY this weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Dec 6, 2010.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

The wife & I will be in Rochester from this Thursday evening until Sunday at noon for a compnay-wide meeting and holiday party.

What's there to do? Where should we go, what should we see?

Any credible advice is welcomed. :)

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Freeze your ass off! :wow: Say hello to my sister and bro-in-law.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go hang out with Tommy D?

4. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

Rochested = nothing to do.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I coached in a hockey tournament there this past April. There is a small touristy area down by the lake and we went to one of the best old school Italian restaurants that I have ever enjoyed. Supposedly it has been around forever, all the locals know it and go early or you won't get in. It doesn't look like much from the outside....it's all about the food.

Other than that, take in a college hockey game. Their team played in the NCAA Championship final last year.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have heard nothing. Guess it will be good for team bonding, since there is nothing else going on. Maybe you can get some actual work done too ;)

7. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

A restaurant there called two vine is excellent. The East avenue area in the city had some cool bars and hang outs. Pittsford is a nice little town just outside the city. If you have time, take a 30 minute ride to Canandaigua Lake. It is one of the nicer finger lakes. There is an historic cemetery in Rochester named Mt. Hope cemetery. Fredrick Douglass and Susan B. Anthony are buried there. The Eastman House on East Avenue was the house of George Eastman, the founder of Kodak. The company headquarters are still there. The house has daily tours. It is a pretty amazing relic from the guilded age of American industrialism.

8. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

Garbage plate!

At Nick Tahou's is a Rochester tradition... :)

GarbagePlate.com

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Good points. My wife did all of these you mentioned while I was stuck at the rink. She enjoyed it, but I was glad that I was stuck at the rink:D

10. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

My advice.... Get in your car and drive to Syracuse.

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Beers of the World is pretty sweet.

12. Motomfg

Motomfg Well-Known Member

Dinosaur BBQ kicks ass!

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ice sculptures.

[​IMG]

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:up: :beer: You might get to experiance lake effect snow too, depending how the winds blowing :D

15. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!! Or mingle in to Buffalo for some wings. About 45 mins away. Rochester is pretty worn out. Not much to offer this time of year:( If you come to buffalo I'll take you out for wings.

16. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Lake effect snow has been coming in bring your winter clothes..

Definitely try a garbage plate (cheesburger, mac, homefries) from just about anywhere.

Myself Ill be in Toronto this weekend for the International motorcycle show.

17. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Yep..

18. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

True story during this season

19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

:stupid:

+1 on the Dino...
    ... unless you don't like BBQ and you hate da Blues...

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

With the lake effect we're getting, you'll never get in. Or, you might not get out.