1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robey Racer in Hospital

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

OH NO!! He came by the office and visted with us last week. I am really sorry I missed him. Rainy has been home with the flu. Boy have I had fun.... She is better now. Tell Mike to get well soon and that Ms. Sharon and I will come up and be his personal nurses. We know that he will need MULTIPLE sponge baths.

2. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Paige - tell Michael that he needs to take it easy - when he came to the office to visit it was really nice to see him, but the day after surgery was surprising - hope this little set-back is gone soon!

Take care and give him my best!:)

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Thanks Evelyne. :) The doctors actually said it was good for him to be up and out...huh, what do they know. ;)

4. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Give Michael a big hug for me. I hope he feels 100% better soon. How you holding up Paige? I know it's hard to see ya honey under the weather. You guys take care.

5. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Yeah, warfarin is the generic name for coumadin. Most of us use the names interchangeably. That's a serious mistake, though. You need to know this: the efficacy of (brand name) coumadin is different from the generics and the efficacy of one generic is never the same as another generic. Warfarin is rat poison, in case you didn't know, and has a "narrow theraputic window." That means too little is worthless and too much is a serious hazard, so you have to keep it within a fairly tight range. They measure its effect with a number called the INR or with another number called the PT. You need to keep the INR in the 2.0 to 3.0 range. If you changed brands, you can really mess up the INR. I insist only on brand name coumadin for all my patients because it's the most consistent. The generics can be OK but you have to watch the pharmacies because they will change generics on you without warning and suddenly your INR is 4.5 and you get a 6 inch bruise from bumping your leg into a table. So the point is, choose a brand and don't let anyone change it on you. If you go to the pharmacy for a refill and the pill is a different color, shape, or size, they have switched generics on you.

People whine about doctors all the time, so I have to get in a whine about pharmacies: You send a patient for a prescription and the pharmacist warns the patient about a 1 in 100,000 side effect and scares the hell out of them and they refuse to take the medicine. The next day, the pharmacy switches generic brands on a sick patient without saying a word and damn near kills him.

OK, I feel better now :)

If you have any questions Michael's doctors don't answer so you can understand them, feel free to call or email me.

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Thanks for the information Doc. :) I'll probably not ever buy generic drugs again and am glad to know everything you posted.

I can't think of any questions that I have right now, but i'm sure i'll have some after they start taking more tests tomorrow to try to figure out why Michael's fevers won't go away.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Hang in there Michael. Get well soon. :cool:

Pinch the nurses on the butt when they aren't looking then when they turn around point at Paige like she did it. :D

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm doing OK, Laurie...thanks for asking. :) I'm just really tired and wish I could stay with him at the hospital but I do have to work and need good sleep in order to function properly.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Paige, i was just at the Taco Mac when i heard about Michaels condition. Let him know Missi and i are keeping you guys in our prayers and thoughts and hope for a speedy recovery. Anything we can do to help, just let us know. :)

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hey Todd ... you got home before midnight! :)

Paige, I'll call you tomorrow and check up on both of y'all. Regardless, if there is anything I can do for you, just holler. Michael was looking good, and it look like you had him taken care of. I hope he gets out of there soon.

Oh ... did you get something arranged for me with that nurse? ;-)

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Thanks Todd. I could use some extra sleep so if you can find the time to put that in your schedule and take care of that for me I would appreciate it. :D

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Well, I was thinking you were going to ask that question of my aunt after you saw her. :eek: :D

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Good news....Michael's white blood cell count is going down which means his infection is going away. :) Doctor says he may be going home on Saturday or Sunday. :D I'll keep you guys posted.

14. YamahaRick

Thanks for the good news Paige!

I guess watching Max's video forced his body to do whatever it takes to get him out of there. :)

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

LOL! ;)

16. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I told him what you asked last night Matt and he immediately started laughing. :) Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Bump. :D

The doctors are running another catscan today to find out what is going on in Michael's lungs. Hopefully this scan will answer some of their questions and get Michael on the proper antibiotics so he can go home. :)

18. YamahaRick

Hey Paige ... I forgot to tell ya ... some guy with the BBS ID "BenBos" was asking about you. After you get Michael healthy and back home, he wants you to be his nurse. ;-)

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

LOL. If it were the real one he would have called me at home. :D

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

The catscan results are in and Michael has bi-lateral pneumonia. They are going to put him to sleep tomorrow and perform a scope of the inside of his lungs to make sure there is nothing else going on in there since he can't get rid of his fevers.

At this point, it looks like he'll be going home sometime between Monday & Wednesday of next week. :(