1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roatan diving - school me

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I know a bunch of you dive so some of you have been to Roatan. Any hints? My dive buddy and I were thinking Belize and Whale Sharks in May but now I think Roatan and general diving with maybe a shot at whale sharks 1 day would be better.

Whos got the skinny on who to dive with and where to drink?

Also Delta has cheap ass flights from ATL to San Pedro Sula so we may explore in the jungle a day or 2 around there. Anyone been around there?

Thanks,

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You ain't shit unless it's with a bunch of crocodiles n piranhas at night.

MikeR, Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  4. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

We always stay at Anthony Keys. Take a taxi into West End to drink (then try your hardest to keep your friends from sucking up all the blow in central America. and staying up all night with the girls).

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget to turn on the air valve for the tank. :D

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

And most importantly, breath!

7. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Fixed that for ya.
    Learned the hard way that you can breath fine on the surface with the valve partially cracked...Just not so fine at 90'.

8. ChemGuy

I cant be bothered by that stuff. I have people for that....:D

rd49 likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

Thanks.
    Ill look at that.

10. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Yup, the I thought Captain of the boat was "my people" until he tried to deep six me on that dive.

ChemGuy likes this.
  11. Maxrr

Maxrr Well-Known Member

Highly recommend Roatan Divers in West End. Dove with them in December and they were great [emoji106] .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I stayed at/dove with Mayan Princess/Mayan Divers three years ago. It was awesome. Mark Washington was the DM. He knows the reef inside and out. It was my first ocean diving. The more experienced divers in our small group said the experience we were getting was spoiling us it was so good with the variety of what we saw.

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Been offline for awhile on Little corn island Nicaragua, no tv, no wifi where I was staying, and no cars on the island. It's a pretty remote place. On big corn island now so have wifi again, never been to Roatan, hear the diving is great

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Whale sharks are cool ws.jpg

Fencer likes this.