1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Race Enthusiast

Discussion in 'General' started by Cajun Kid, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

en·thu·si·ast
    inˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast,enˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast/
    noun
    1. a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject.
      "a sports car enthusiast"
      synonyms: fan, devotee, aficionado, lover, admirer, follower

I hate to say it but............. I may not be this anymore. Don't get to ride much anymore, don't have a road bike anymore. Flattracker and mini just sit there. I think the "grown up life" is catching up to me.....

Or maybe I'm just being "a stupid motherfu$ker" LOL.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better, we will go with the latter. :D

Cajun Kid, R Acree and TLR67 like this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's the problem.
    You need to be a leader, even in your latter, er, grown up days.
    So go plow ya a dirt oval. Problem solved. :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If it's catching you, you need to run faster.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we so long as you dont "detest" riding and sell all your bikes/equipment, youre still on the greener side of the pasture! (fair weather fanatic or not) :D

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Life happens. You got more important things to take care of now. The racing and bikes will always be there.

I did a trackday few weeks back and though I enjoyed myself the obsession just isn't the same anymore. Got new gloves, lap timer, etc. thinking I'm back in 100% and now I'm like "meh" maybe, maybe not. I got nothing pushing me, the drive and motivation seems to be gone. And the time dedicated to this thing is ridiculous, I don't have that much free time anymore.

Dragginass and SGVRider like this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn! I just told the guys yesterday, that I was feigning interest in riding.

But then we did about 10 miles of gnarly single track, and I thought, okay, this is cool. So who knows?!?!

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The time is the biggest challenge. Probably easier for you to get into dirty bikes and still get your motorcycle kicks that way. A lot less production involved than road racing.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I also sent my bike to the shop for the first time in my life, a few weeks ago. I just don't have the time, nor the desire to sit in the garage spinning wrenches until midnight, and then getting up at 5 am to go ride. Eff that noise!

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I just pray to jeebus this never happens to me.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Bunch of low "t" victims in here :Poke:

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Unless you're making a livelihood at it, then road racing is just a hobby, an indulgence. As said, life happens......you also might be suffering from low T.

:beer:

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Tommy: “Ain’t no purpose, dog. It’s money. We born to fuckin’ die, man. In the meantime, get money. Fuck a book, man... Shit is lovely for me, man, namsayin'? I'll stop when I’m dead, end of story, man. You gots to be a leader, dog. That book is fuckin’ your head up man...”

Sincere: “Yo, when’s the last time you read anything, man?”

Tommy: “NEVER MOTHERFUCKER! What you need to start thinking about is your mother fuckin' seed, man. ’Cause shorty can’t eat no books dog...”

[​IMG]

Cajun Kid likes this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's the latter.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Damn ... you beat me too it !!

16. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Time, is definitely what is killing it for me. Also my "cheerleader" wife doesn't come to the track anymore, so anytime I go ride I am leaving the wife and doodle.

I need to just geaux full on dead beet and ruin my family and life and do some racin LMAO!

I'm sure I'll get caught up and get back out there at some point.

noles19 likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I quit all riding near the end of the '06 season, picked it back up at the end of '12 after buying a new bike.
    Now, I can't get enough. The bike will have nearly 10K miles on it at the end of this season and less than 500 are from the street.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Same here.

Priorities shifted after the job effed up all the racing plans and made me come to realize that my son, my wife, my 944, my barn, my GROM, my Crf450r, my 1199 all come before racing... with only so many days in the year, squeezing the most out of the above mentioned order was just always topping all the racing hassle

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dude what you honestly need is another bike. I quit racing in 2012 or so, and was getting disenfranchised with the whole thing. Bought an old Road King on a whim, changed my motorcycling life. now I take trips, ride with the GF, ride to work everyday, etc.

Been busy as hell doing project bikes n that garage and loving it now. Don't let go just yet.

noles19 and Cajun Kid like this.
  20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Motorcycles are not the only thing cool in life. You can get burned out from it. Take a pause and come back with renewed interest once you get the itch (or don't). Nothing worse than doing something because you feel obligated to do it.