1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Jun 25, 2002.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

now i need to put it back together tomorrow and do a few laps around the neighborhood. they always seem to enjoy it.:)

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

So, how did things go at Road A?

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

in f-2stroke it was joe p. mark m. s.shoul then me. i dont remember who was 5th and below.

V5 had 23 entries. i was down further on that one. V5 competition is getting more and more challenging. harold page won, then jamie miller on the rz engined hawk frame, then jon jarvis on an ex and joe pomeroy on an rz. nice turnout.
    the ignition on the bul crapped out in practice, DNS. gary smith won 250gp.

4. YAM#849

Which ignition was it? I thought you had a PVL on now, which should be pretty bullet-proof.:confused: :(

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

it was the old femsa. i have an "ultra" thats going on right now. im going to go to n.florida on the 20th if everything works out.

6. YAM#849

Well, the Femsa lasted 20 years longer than expected, then. ;)
    N. FL should be cool. I'd be there if I hadn't given in to pressure from Chris "Dude, where's my boots?" Spargo to go to Ohio. :D
    Let's see if you can talk George Taylor into going to N FL. It's about a 2 hr drive for him to get there.

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

i hope george will come. originally this race and mid ohio were on different weekends, but the ahrma round was switched from the 13th to the 20th. i believe it will have a impact on turnout. plus with the spanish bikes being the marque brand for VMD who wouldnt want to go and see all of those BULTACO'S.:D

8. YAM#849

He said he was definitely not going to Ohio, but did not rule out NFMP when I talked to him last. I'm not sure why VMD dates changed. I'd assume it was driven by a change in the AMA Pro schedule.