1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta not on the AMA schedule??

Discussion in 'General' started by wwsuzuki, Dec 8, 2010.

1. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

Whats up with that??

2. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

:eek: That would suck for me! That's the preliminary schedule, so hopefully it's not true?

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

yeah i was sad to see no Fontana (usually a big turn out) and why no Barber?? seems maybe its the "early" final one?? otherwise a WEAKKKK series imo, clubs out here race more...

Lets hope they throw in Atlanta in the summer...Barber too..then end it at Fontana cause unlike this years Barber we wont get soaked!

4. wwsuzuki

5. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Obviously you guys missed the part that said it was preliminary...they already said that the Barber dates are in discussion for a date sometime in June and a season ender. I am sure the others will be worked out also.

6. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

7. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

8. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Well, after reading, I can infer that unless the Road Atlanta round is scheduled as the last one the OP is correct in his assumption.

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

got it in my email today, i was dissapointed though, i remember doing a survey i think it asked a question to see two races at the same track or something like that, i thought for sure jersey would fit into that, but then again, so many variables in getting dates and stuff. i would have liked to seen a spring and fall round in jersey

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

AMA Fan should be unbanned between October and Feb.

:)

11. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Agreed!
    And monitor him, if his posts don't spark angry tirades I'd say ban him again for letting his quality standards deteriorate & going back to being an underachiever.

:beer:

The board needs some energy this time of year!
    So jumping to conclusions & getting others nervous is providing a service during December & January...

12. wwsuzuki

Makes time go by at work! But I keep reading and it doesnt look good for the home track!

13. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

That's still only 10 weekends? I thought AMA raced more often than that in one season. I never counted tho, so I'm probably wrong.

14. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I dunno banquet at Chateau Elan sounds kinda nice:up:

15. tito

tito Well-Known Member

I wish they would move atl back to labor day weekend, that was my buddies annual vacation, usually the only one I got. the dates worked out perfect for all of us.

16. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

The double header weekends make it seem like there's more events, but basically it's day 1 and day 2 at many tracks.

17. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

i still dont see Fontana and its been said by more than a few its for sure gone..too bad.

I hope Barber gets on it...i had a blast there again this year..besides the weather this time..great place and people!

last time i was all way down south there was 2005 and in fact i found the 2005 AMA SBK Race we were there for on RU last night!!! I was blown away how far (wrong way) AMA has come...man that 05 race was great..yes Matt walked away with win..but FORTY TWO BIKES on the grid and so many big names...great times..yes the econ has a lot to do with it..but i still like the old sbk days.

Lets hope Barber of the missing ones at least ends back on! :up:

18. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

wasnt fontana's attendance pretty bad? i'd like to see more rounds or multiple events at the same track in different times of the year