1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta May 12 & 13, 2008

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by XACT-Man, Feb 12, 2008.

1. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

coming from Barber will be down Sunday looking for something to do. LOL

2. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

Does camping on paddock mean camping on concrete?

3. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

Boooooooo!

Can we get a vote on this or something?

4. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Christ, can't we all just try to get along?:Poke:

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You'd better be, fella!

mmfoor

6. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

i'm totally kidding. sorry Pete. I should've put in a LOL or something. It doesn't matter what happens this weeknd ~ i'll be smiling ear to ear.

Great work BTW!

I'm still trying to talk Wheeler and his wife into coming over to RA from Barber with us.

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

asphalt(sp?) really with grass around some edges

8. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

+2:up: :up:

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'll be coming in Sunday myself...

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya' :D

11. XACT-Man

OK, couple last minute things, yes we will have the chicane in T3 (for you concerned racers).

The track's food vender will be there for both days for lunch, you can either bring your own lunch with you or order and pay for a box lunch from the vender at registration. There is also a BBQ joint just 2 miles from the track.

Didn't want anyone coming unprepared!

Yes, I still have spots left, but they are going very quickly!:cool:

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Loaded and ready to go! (you know what I mean!):beer:

mmfoor

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I'll be there and looking very forward to it. Coming up with my boss Jeff Bankston. So I am confused though. Are we running turn 12 as the old layout? and will we run turn 12 as old layout in june with wera? what about the gnf?

Also is Thermosman a guarantee?

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

oh also whats a good base setting for gearing there on a 600 and on a 1000?
    -1/+1? -1/0?

15. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Only the AMA will run the new turn 12. The turn 3 section, WERA will run. Gearing is going to be either stock or -1 on the counter shaft or +1 or +2 on the rear sprocket. Depends on the bike and rider a little too.

16. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I run stock and it works good for me. Thermosman was a little iffy the last time I talked to him. You probably need to call and ask him.

17. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

i ran stock gearing on a ZX10 with good results. on my ZX6 i ran +2 teeth on the rear and ran out of engine in 6th gear on the back straight. i was miserable....keeping the throttle away from wide open to prevent from hitting the rev limiter. Run at least stock gearing on a 600. I wouldn't recommend shortening your gears. if you have extra sprockets, bring them. :up:

18. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'll be there taking pics with my not stock cameras. Any idea what gearing I should use? Coming in Sunday afternoon. Hey Morris, what are we cooking for dinner?

19. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

If going for effect, +1 or +2 shutter speed/-1 or -2 on appature (sp?). If you are going for detail -2 shutter speed/+2 appature. :up:

Just guessing ;)

20. XACT-Man

Talked to Thermosman tonight, he'll only be able to stay for Monday, he's got to get some work done and leave for Cali on Wednesday. Good possiblility there will be some Ohlins factory reps there too!