1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

backbone, t11ravis, LossPrev and 4 others like this.
  2. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Try BIR sometime and you might get a taste of that magic again. Went there for my first time last year for CRA/CCS and wow what a spectacle. It's got to be one of the last bastions of freedom at a race track

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By "freedom" does that mean like blowing up fireworks in the paddock and having drunken pit bike races in the parking lot?

4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

CRA weekend pales in comparison to NHRA weekend.

6. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Why ride in the parking lot when they let you ride your pit bike on the actual race track? I'm sure it's not as crazy as the legendary zoo but was still awesome.

Fizzer I can only begin to imagine...

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

This sounds like Road Atlanta and summit Point.

Six3SixGal likes this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not under the new management. Racing is 1% of the new corp that bought SP and so if it puts the corp at risk, it isn't going to be tolerated. The good news is they are investing in the place, both in terms of facilities and safety. That is a trade off I can easily get behind.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

AC1108 likes this.
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

JBall and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. grasshopper

Surprising to me actually especially considering rumors of GM and Ford merging.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

backbone, Shocker, Scott S. and 5 others like this.
  13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Having sanctioned offroad pit bike races with Fireball pit stops at the start finish line, and 30 foot tall stacks of tree trunks covered in race gas and lit by a roman candle... It's definitely a good time over there.. Hopefully it stays the same as I'm pretty sure the owner passed away last year.

Two years ago my buddy was out until all hours of the morning driving past our tent with some people he found that had a golf cart... They kept doing laps around the road our tent was on trying to drag knee around the corners :crackup:

CR750 likes this.
  14. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

When is the special edition Motoamerica F150 and Transit coming out? Thanks for the support Ford Motor Company

15. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Can I hear more about this? I have some experience with this. :)

16. grasshopper

17. grasshopper

From Redbud Michigan?

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

19. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I would say none. It's a smart move because the goal is to get the all time AMA Pro win record. It's a lot cheaper to run a 600 program to accomplish the goal than the full blown Superbike that would be required to get the record in that class. I'm rooting for him and hope he gets it! :beer: :clap: :cool:

AC1108 and JBall like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ain't no one stupid enough to give him grief for that. Well, I could actually see Meli making a "mines bigger" comment but she doesn't count :D