1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Dec 19, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just got back from the premiere.

I'll say it was OK, definitely not great but not anywhere near the dumpster fire that was The Last Jedi. As I mentioned in the other thread pretty much all of the reputable spoilers that I'd read about online were indeed confirmed.

I'll just say that I was satisfied with the end of the saga, but not enthused, it definitely could have been done better.

2. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Meh, actually started to doze off. The continuous barrage of homage to previous movies was a bit much. It’s no Rogue One, but beats The Last Jedi.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Fascinating.

The resilience of this franchise (or its fans) from bad to 'Meh' movies is fascinating.

masshole likes this.
  4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The problem is a series of movies that were primarily made for children were co-opted by adults, who then spend their time online carping about how the movies did not meet their expectations. I like the movies but approach it as, I go see the movie, enjoy it and then forget about it until the next one comes out. :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Ever since they killed off Spock, I'm out

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I remember the first movie when it came out. It was as much amazement at the special effects (which were incredible relative to other films of the day) as it was about the story. The rest have been stories of varying quality built around ever improving special effects.

dtalbott, tl1098 and K51000 like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You old nitwit.

He was in Lost in Space......

K51000 and rd400racer like this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Some of you take ypur fantasy movies far too seriously.

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Never watched Starwars.. Too busy mixing gasss and slappin asssss.

The Beer Hunter and SGVRider like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rise of don't give a crap. There hasn't been a good star wars since the first one. Ewoks, Jar Jar, young anakin, that two headed announcer. . . shit, they even tried ruining the first one with the Gredo shit.

Mother f@ckin' Ewoks!!!!

K51000 likes this.
  12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Too much family resemblance? :D

Funkm05 likes this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Pissed he wasn't chosen to play an ewok.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I've been entertained by Star Wars movies since 1977. But the entertainment of the movies is nothing compared to that of watching butthurt fans argue over story lines or listening to people who've never so much as organized a Pre-K Christmas skit rail about decisions the directors made.

I look forward to seeing the 9th episode, surprised that I lived long enough to catch 'em all. Far too many of my friends didn't.

R Acree likes this.
  15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ive tried watching a couple of the new ones.......cant keep up with the names. They all seem like "made for TV" abc specials from the 80's,and get turned off in 30 minutes or less. Always liked the one with ewoks though:D........for ol' nostalgia. Saw it in the theatre with my mom and dad right before the split. The last "new" one that I didnt mind too bad was the one when vader became vader.

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, I have to admit to some amount of jadedness when it comes to the special effects that made the original Star Wars story such an experience. I could almost feel my hair blowing back the first time I saw the Millenial Falcon kick into hyperspace, watching this movie for the first time on a date in a theater in Augusta, Georgia. The story line was very impressive to me as a young man, but in the end it's just an adaptation of the classic Hero's Journey. I'd read the same story in the mythology of Hercules, just didn't know it at the time.

Come to think of it I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" on a (much better) date.

Now that I think of it I've taken either a girlfriend or a wife on a date to see every one of those stinking movies. They must be chick flicks. I just realized the truth. I only go and watch them to get laid.

pscook likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Nerds

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've had a running theory that motorcycle racing attracts alot of them :D

G 97 likes this.
  19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2019-12-21_16-28-49.jpeg

Well done! :beer:

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ain't seen one since the first one. All over the map episode wise. Pisses me off.