1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Ken Block

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Jan 2, 2023.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just heard this too....damnit!

RIP KB :(

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s sad, but man what a ride he had!! RIP

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The man changed motorsport marketing forever. I got the chance to meet him once at the Sno* Drift Rally in Atlanta MI some years ago. He was really cool and made sure to give everyone that 20-30 seconds of time.

Not as wild as the other videos, but this one was my favorite Gymkhana..

R/T Performance and Senna like this.
  4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Bummer, 2023 starts like the last 3.

britx303 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Damn Ken. Rest in peace

upload_2023-1-3_8-30-1.jpeg

Senna, Steeltoe, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's a real shame.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

This one hurts.

What an absolutely massive impact he was to the motorsports community, and seemingly one of the nicest blokes you could come across.....

RIP legend.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Sad news for sure. He did a wonderful job of showing the sheer joy of motorsports, and was inspirational to many (including nobodies like me).

Like Joey Dunlop and Micheal Schumacher, I had hoped to see them at some event or another after their retirement, when they were out of the limelight and tell them how great it was to see them in action.

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

RIP

Basically the Travis Pastrana of the car world.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's messed up. Damn. Condolences to his family.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

his last post was his excitement of his daughter's build

upload_2023-1-3_11-12-34.png

Chino52405 and Steeltoe like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

heartbreaking. this build was my fav. series over all the drift and smoke and skill.

BigBird likes this.
  13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Huge loss for the motorsports and action sports community.

BigBird likes this.
  14. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Here are some pics from his visit to GoPro.
    side resized.jpg quarter f.jpg Here'a rea interior.jpg outside resize.jpg

Senna, BigBird, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Agree. His life story is a pretty cool success story and balancing business with your passion. He was never the best rally driver and he was ok with that and never stopped doing the stuff he loved. Built that big ole place in Park City so it was his personal home and playground, dude loved the snow more that Cali sun. Was a great family man as well as you see in some videos of him with his daughter etc and his whole tone changes. Saw a few interviews with him and her, etc and can tell the bond they have isn’t faked for the camera, at least from what I thought.
    Was lucky enough to spend some time with him the day before an event for the new Ford Raptor with my wife’s company. He came in a day early to look at the truck but he also wanted to look at the R&D lab and see what goes into making a shock. Treated everyone from the CEO to the mechanic who was full of mud doing a quick swap on a SXS set of rear shocks like gold. Asked what I did there and said I’m a husband, asked if I’m into motorsports and we went off on a tangent about motorcycle racing and how he never could get into the two wheels thing because it made him too nervous, etc. Said he always wanted to spend a bit more time at a track day but time is the one thing he has very little of.
    Shows a lot about a persons character when they are that successful but take a genuine interest in. He did a lot of great stuff and helped a lot of people with Hoonigan, they produce some great content.

16. Didn’t see Big Birds post before I posted. There are some interviews about that build with them together and separate, such an awesome bond they have. Really feel for her right now.

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I agree. I'm never going to be that upset by someone meeting their fate doing stuff they love to do, but I am heart broken for his daughter, who now has to miss out on all the things she is really going to want him around for in the near future.

19. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

RIP Ken Block true inspiration all thing Motorsports

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price