1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jim Lindemann

Discussion in 'General' started by kneedragger29, Oct 8, 2011.

1. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

According to Ed Sorbo's Facebook page, Jim Lindemann has passed. I've known Jim since 1990. During that time he had done suspension work on my racebikes, streetbikes, & the bikes of so many customers & friends of mine.
    Jim was one of the nicest, most knowledgeable guys you could ever meet at the racetrack or anywhere else in the world. A straight shooter, he knew how to make things work. The fastest lap i ever turned was with Jim's set up under me.
    Back in the spring,i needed a Ducati 851 shock freshened up so i called Jim's place & learned that Jim's illness had caused him to have a much more difficult time both working as well as getting to work. I had actually called as they were still working but preparing to make the move out of Campbell to Sorbo's place. I was fortunate to speak to Jim for about 10 minutes that day & he was very forthcoming with what was going on with him & the difficulties he was having. That was the last time i spoke to him & just a few days ago, i connected with him on Facebook.
    Even though he was ill, his passing still comes as a shock, as i simply did not know the severity of his condition. I'm sure Ed will be along soon to clarify what he can.
    Jim was a great man. So very sad to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with his family.
    R.I.P. Jim.

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Sad...RIP :(

3. JoeWorkman

JoeWorkman Active Member

So sad RIP Jim.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I've heard a lot of great things about him. Bummer.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sad, RiP Jim

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sad news....RIP

7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Another in our sport I never met. I've seen many LE stickers on forks. RIP.

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Spoke with him by phone a couple years ago. He was incredibly generous with his time to someone he didn't know.
    RIP.

9. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jim. I wish we had met in person. RIP.

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

So sad to see that another giant of the old guard has passed. RIP, Jim.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

RIP Jim...

12. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

RIP Jim...

I obviously did not know him, but have seen a fair number of LE stickers on racebikes. RRW had a wonderful article about him a while back.. His battle with cancer and continuing to work on suspensions while basically blind told me alot about him as a person. Wow, what a loss.

13. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

May God be with his family may he RIP

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Godspeed Jim. :(

I'll cherish my old forks with the LE sticker on them a little more. The best days I ever had on a track were on those forks.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Very sad, RIP.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Godspeed and thank you for your contributions to the sport :(

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed

18. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Tragic! A man that spent his life making things better. A very nice man will be missed. Ed will keep what he started alive. RIP !

19. behindthetimes

behindthetimes Active Member

So passes another Dinosaur.Hard shoes to fill.Bummer.

20. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

RIP, bless him and his family!