1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jakub Gurecky

Discussion in 'General' started by FastByKids, Feb 8, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

This one really hits home. If you followed the Northern Talent cup, Rossi Moore and him had some epic battles. (MotoGP App)

Apparently the accident happened on a minigp track.

My daughter just went under the knife yesterday to remove some hardware from her shoulder after a off at a mini track. Makes one think about risk vs reward especially with kid racers.

MotoGP: Jakub Gurecky has died | MCN (motorcyclenews.com)

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Ugh.

RIP, Jakub.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

RIP Jakub.

@FastByKids unfortunately it happens way too often. When we first experienced it with Peter Lenz, Tyler was right there and saw it happen. My wife and I talked about no longer racing, but Tyler really wanted to continue.

It's really hard for a racer to give up that adrenaline rush. and we decided it was better to continue racing, versus having him possibly chase that rush other ways.

I hope you daughter heals up well.

Ducati89 and FastByKids like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP...young Racer.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

RIP racer.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

RIP Racer :(

7. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Just spoke to a friend close to the situation. He crashed around 30km/h and hit his head.

Can't even count how many times I've watched my kids sliding on a track at the speed.

Been a cruel year thus far for youth racers.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Couldn't sleep last night watching Hawaii 5-0. Reading about the characters, turns out Kam Tong Tung (Chin Ho), experienced the deaths of close family many times. Somehow he was able to go on. I hope that's the way it is for those in this family, some of whom will surely have to conquer the misplaced feelings of guilt. Hoping for you.

RIP Jakub.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

RIP Jakub :(

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wow, at that speed it seems unfathomable to generate fatal forces for a healthy rider wearing a modern helmet. I know that’s not the case, but damn.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I've seen some head injuries/ knocked out people including bleeds on the brain at slow speeds on kart tracks.
    There are normally a few factors in play, most of the time they are high sides at slow speeds
    other factors can be when people talk about minis they assume it's slower speeds then they actually are also.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Oh man. Rest in peace kid