1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP HST

Discussion in 'General' started by TrentThomas, Feb 21, 2005.

1. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Man, that is not how I wanted to start my day. R.I.P. Hunter.:(

3. fiptas

fiptas L.O.C Endurance

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  4. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

That is sad. But for someone who made a career out of falling off the edge...

RIP.

5. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

He couldnt handle his own extremes....He wrote some good books. Too bad that movie based on his book was so bad:(

6. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

which movie are you refering too?

Watcj breakfast with hunter and see how one of his movies could of been if he didn't jump in.

7. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas. I tried to watch it but it was as bad as Frank Zappa's "200 Motels"

8. LtFDrebbin

LtFDrebbin Well-Known Member

Bad day indeed.
    I found myself living vicariously through HST's writings several years back, but finally realized I should change my way once I found myself living in a school bus in San Francisco, with a copy of a painting done by Ralph Steadman of HST on the side of the bus. Between that, and the painting of an alien, you can imagine the freaks that thing attracted.

Anyway, Hunter- I'm sure this is the way you wanted to go. You did it. You are most alive when you are closest to death, and maybe once you got older you realized that you could not live so close to death on a bike, or with the drugs- but the guns still worked.

Hopefully you are out there somewhere with Joseph Glydon, working on a book for us all.....

Godspeed

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the Sausage Creature! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

RIP Hunter!

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed, he had some skills.

David

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Mad skills...

12. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

As your attorney, you'll need a very fast car, a convertable. And then there the cocaine.....

13. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

I strongly dissagree with WERA688........Johnny Dep is deserving an oscar for that performance of HST, I believe the drug content of the movie was the cause for the nomination snub. Benicio Del Toro put on so much weight for his role, how many actors will do that for a "suporting role"? The "ether buzz" scene is my favorite, and reminds me of Robotussin abuse.

Tell me about the f_cking golf shoes........

He recently broke his leg in Hawaii and was qouted as "breaking it while attempting a hair-pin at the mini bar"......classic.

14. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Some people get it - some don't

15. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

i thought they did a great show... the dvd Breakfast with hunter goes into detail on the making of that movie. - got that dvd for christmas, think it can only be bought from the site - worth having! Where the buffalo Roams is another great movie. I find this whole thing a little bizzar, but then again so was HST!

16. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Saw that this morning

what a drag. He will be missed and the void left huge. I think he was the last of a breed or writers that is no long found in media anymore.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

There was another one, Where the Buffalo Roam, in which Bill Murray played Thompson and Peter Boyle was Lazlo. It was far less obtuse than the Depp vehicle.

Visit Wally Gator: http://butlersrest.homestead.com

"Richard Daley looks like a potato with mange." - Hunter S. Thompson

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Here's the photo that went with the article.

[​IMG]
    Visit Wally Gator: http://butlersrest.homestead.com

"Richard Daley looks like a potato with mange." - Hunter S. Thompson

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

RIP Hunter:(
    Pretty sad way to end such a brilliant life:(

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Was Thompson an alcoholic? If so, at 67 that might of been catching up with him.