1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP George Barris

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Nov 6, 2015.

1. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I was always fond of the hulking look of this one. RIP to a true artist.

[​IMG]

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Looking at that picture I can still here that air horn!!!

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Been seeing a few of his pieces going up for sale recently and he hasn't really looked real good in the interviews. Maybe he just wanted to make sure his babies made it to good homes.
    RIP

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

A truly great man, but bizarre.

6. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

My dad came to visit me back in June and we took a trip out to Barris' studio to check things out. When we got there the place was closed, so my dad and I peeked in through the windows and could see the Batmobile, the Munster's Coach and other memorabilia. Bummed that we couldn't go in we started to walk away when a lady opens the door and says that George noticed us and invited us in!

We got to take a full tour of the place and saw all sorts of cars that he has in storage like the Ala Kart and other show cars. After that was all done George sat and chatted with us for 20 minutes! He seemed to be in good health and still had some innovative ideas in his head. It was an honor and I could tell my dad, who just met his childhood hero, was stoked. It was a fantastic experience for my dad and I to share and I'm saddened to hear he's gone.

RIP

7. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member

We met George briefly at the annual car show up here a few years ago, and the next year we met Fonzie! OK, we had to pay for the photo, bit still, FONZIE!

Attached Files:

8. joec

joec brace yourself

There was a car show about 20 years ago in Oakland I went to that featured his cars. Made me feel like I was 10 again. Foos has got nothing on him..