1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right and wrong???? - AZ 14 year old car thief shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-police-body-cam-shows-boy-14-fleeing-before-being-shot-by-cop

"I didn't know that it would hurt so much, my boy...in this location this is where my son, a child of 14-years-old who doesn't know the difference of what's good and what's bad because he hasn't lived long enough," Arce’s parents said at the vigil.

Are you fucking kidding me? 14 years old and he doesn't know breaking into other people's cars and stealing is wrong????? My kid knew that before he was 1, I'd guess.

He ran because he was scared..yeah..scared all right..scared of getting locked up. Then to top it all off, the little fucker's running with a air gun? Yeah...the Officer's going to completely and easily see that little orange tip at the end of the barrel telling the world it's not an actual handgun while the punk is running away.

The Officer better be allowed to walk and any Civil suits should be dropped.

Absolutely ALL the blame here, the root cause of this senseless and needless death, lies with the parents.

David B, Br1anbuck and Ian178 like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I agree that he knew what he was doing and breaking the law.....but shooting someone in the back isn't cool.

Now if he was pointing/shooting and was shot as he turned....meh.

But if was really running away, not actively engaging, then the cop effed up and should probably face something.

turner38 likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Totally agree with your assessment BUT realize the dipshit Liberals (DA and jurors) in Nashville just charged one of their officers for virtually the exact same thing. Just to be clear this asshat had the gun in his hand and kept looking over his shoulder as if to size up where the officer is during the foot pursuit and they charged/indicted him!!!

I've been saying it for yrs to other LEO's, there will come a day when these AH liberal activists begin using the Courts to push their agendas OR lash back and we're seeing it right now.

Mind you, just a week or so ago (I mentioned this incident in another thread), there was but yet another ARMED POS who beat feet after being told to step out of the car......not even 50 yds into it, the shitbag as he's running pulls his gun out and shoots the pursing officer hitting him in the pelvis, the back up officer lit him up killing him.

But Liberal politicians and their DA's, will have you believe that cops are too aggressive. And have their supporters believing it, it's a f'ing disgrace or they've politicized police work.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

See what I mean???

Here's a person who think's it's not OK to shoot an ARMED person unless they're pointing it at them first.....amazing. SMDH.

The Liberal brainwashing IS working.

Just waiting for an incident where the cop let's an armed person go because he's fleeing and then shoots an innocent around the corner.....THEN the outrage will be, "WTF he let them go or not shoot him beforehand?!?!?"

Ian178, kangasj and sheepofblue like this.
  6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I think you left out that he was fleeing from a stolen car.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I couldn't remember the original reason for that stop, but regardless of the underlying PC, he was ARMED, not complying and attempted to flee......and those dumbasses charged/indicted him......it's a disgrace.

Ian178 likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

Wasn't a stolen car...he was breaking into the car at the time. It wasn't determined/reported that the kid was actually trying to steal the car.
    At the very least he was looking for cash and other valuables to steal from inside the vehicle.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about the incident that I brought up in Nashville.

10. StaccatoFan

Agree with XFBO here. Just because the suspect isn't shooting at/engaging the officer, doesn't mean an officer should let him or her flee. The pursuit should be ended asap.
    Allowing it to continue could endanger innocent people in the area...shooting/kidnapping/hostage situation are all possibilities.

11. ChemGuy

Yeah....I'm super liberal

How many open carry peeps have you shot this week? I mean come on they are armed. Why not just cap them all?

This type of "defend the cops even when they are wrong and fuck up" is why many peopl don't like cops.

And if you think it's ok to shoot someone in the back, not for engaging in armed robbery, murder, already engaged in shooting someone etc, then maybe you should review your ROE. Please tell me what police force in the US that says shooting people in the back who are involved in a property crime.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

1) Quote me where I called you a liberal? :rolleyes:
    2) Riiiiight, open carry peeps regularly engage in illegal activity and/or engage in foot pursuits with LEO's. :rolleyes:
    3) Your kind of ignorance on these matters is WHY a shit ton of LEO's develop an 'us vs them' attitude in their careers......FACT!
    4) Wow, see #3..................Still laughing over reviewing my ROE on handling an ARMED suspect. LOL! SMDH!!!

Just cuz I feel bad for you know-it-alls. Educate yourself on Tn vs Garner.

23103a and DrA5 like this.
  13. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t bother me if they shot em when caught stealing rather armed or not. That or just remove their hands from the wrist down to make it harder for them to take things that don’t belong to them. I’m constantly thinking about my shit getting broken into while at work or sleeping. Going on Vacation I ask members to check on my place daily. I’ve had my home broken into before and it brings a level of discomfort with it that won’t go away. If I ever saw someone in the process of stealing my motorcycle I would spend the rest of my life behind bars for no reason other than a thief being a thief.

14. ChemGuy

Look...I don't have a problem shooting bad guys, especially with guns.

But as initially reported the kid was shot in the scapula... aka the back.

I'm sure the video will be reviewed and they'll go from there.

If the kid had a 'gun' in his hand and was acting like he was going to shoot then blast him. I couldn't see that much detail when I watched. But if the kid was flat out running away and was shot, well then I have a problem.

superdino likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Carry and presentation are completely different circumstances. If it's in your hand, you've presented it and deserve whatever "corrective" action(s) come your way.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Commit crimes carrying a fake gun then run from a cop with a real one. Glad the cop is OK and hoping he is 100% cleared fast.

Being a cynic I also wonder if the parents are legal (probably are) given the name and proximity to the border.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If he had a gun in his hand and was running after the commission of a felony, then refused to obey orders, yup shoot him. As others have said, he could have potentially gone on to commit more felonies. He must be stopped. End of discussion.

18. fastfreddie

Or he may have just committed a crime in which the "gun" was used...
    Either way, I'm okay with instant termination if the gun is in the non-complying perps hand.

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

For a while I wanted to join the Border Patrol and I considered local departments too. I decided it was too much BS and risk of getting hemmed up for doing my job. I don’t care about taking the risk of getting killed, I mean I joined the Army. I won’t accept the risk that I’ll go to prison for doing my job or because some politician wants to score points. Fuck that noise. I encourage absolutely no one to become a cop because of this, though otherwise I’d consider it an extremely appealing career. I bet a lot of other people feel the same.

As for this dumbass that got shot, play stupid games win stupid prizes. I was smart enough at 14 to know walking around with a replica weapon could get me shot. Let alone committing crimes and running around with a replica. Call this shit Darwin in action.

gixxerreese and XFBO like this.
  20. fastfreddie

No way in hell would I go the LEO route and have to walk up on a night-time traffic stop without my firearm in hand and my partner covering the other side of the vehicle, preferably with a full-auto sub. You can't pay me enough to do it any lesser way and current LEOs don't get paid enough for that detail.

turner38 likes this.