1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding school?

Discussion in 'General' started by yeddy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

I was thinking of taking a riding school over the off season and was hoping for some recomendations. I have been racing since 2006 and can run a pretty good pace but i feel like i am starting to plateau.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Where are you located?

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kevin Schwantz School......

4. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

Ontario Canada

5. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Make a trip to http://www.edbargyracingschool.com/
    He usually has a great race school in December that is sparsely attended at Little Talledega. You get LOTS of tracktime and lots of one-on-one with the excellent instructors. Well worth the trip from Ontario.

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid:

8. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

It was the coldest I have ever been on a motorcycle but there were only 4 students on that day in December in 2003.

11. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Right in your backyard. Of course this won't work for -your- off season but come next spring might work for you.

I attended this school back in 2002 or so. It was highly recommended and I loved it. Michel Mercier is a great instructor.

FAST in Shannonville, east of Toronto

12. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Feel free to PM me with any questions!

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Ed Bargy's is probably one of the best schools for the money. Not a bad trip at all from Ontario either.

14. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

no offense but my riding is definitely beyond that level.

15. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

I am leaning towards the kevin schwantz school, second choice might be the yamaha school in las vegas. Anyone know of some over the pond?

16. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

You're a Canadian National champion? Beyond the level of Francis, Michel, and Kevin. You don't think you'd have a thing or two to learn from those guys? :bow:

If you're that good, maybe you shouldn't be asking for a school but starting one of your own. :rock:

17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

I have taken Jason Pridmore's STAR school twice this year and am looking forward to taking another class at T-Hill in a couple of weeks. Each time I have come away with new drills to work on and a different perspective. I cannot recommend his school enough and if you do take his class you must take a 2-up ride with him. When I wasn't holding on for dear life scared out of my gourd, I learned how much harder I can brake and accelerate.

18. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

My riding is definitely beyond riding around on a street 600 that can only be opened 3 quarter throttle. FAST school is for street squids i know lots of people who have taken the school and i have nothing to learn from it.