1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding at the Herrins April 28-29

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Cam Morehead, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

We will be riding at the Herrins again April 28-29. If you have a slow mini like a XR/CRF100 and like to flog it on asphalt, come on out. If you like fighting, screaming, complaining, and hate life, you may want to skip this one.... bahahaha. We do not have trophies, championships, or anything to gain by "winning" a minibike race. We do have a lot of friends that enjoy hanging out at a wonderful facility. Our focus is family and teaching the youth of America to roadrace. Please don't show up to tell us how fast you are, we are not interested..... If you want to impress us, mentor a kid......

Jackson Blackmon

[​IMG]

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can we mentor the kid inside us? :D

3. Cam Morehead

LOL.... Why yes, yes you can..... in fact, I do.....

4. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

But, I'm faster because....

Hahaha

Love it man!! Great stuff you all have going on down south! Can't wait to pass ya all...Errr.. I mean meet ya all someday! Lol

5. Cam Morehead

You know the guy I am talking about.... "Well I race a 600/1000 in WERA/CCS/AMA......etc. and thought this looked like fun." I tell them "I hope you brought your big boy panties cause that 10 year old is fixin ta show you the fast line." Ha ha ha. Over half the club races superbikes... We enjoyed having some of your peeps last year. Good people.

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Damnit, that's opening weekend for LRRS.

Ok, plan B, if my road race bike isn't ready in time, I'll see if I can make the road trip seeing as I already have the time off approved. Is it ok if my mini is fast but I'm not? :D

7. Cam Morehead

Bahahahaha.... heck yeah. Come on.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

FZR - No tank, no plan on shipping the bike to me yet...

Mini - I've got a backup motor in the chassis, parts to revive the race motor go in the mail Monday.

It's looking more and more like my road trip is going to be a long one. Just in case I bought a grease gun to load up my bearing buddies. Is there camping on site or should I be pricing hotels?

9. Cam Morehead

Camping is available. Beautiful green grass with shade trees. No power for sale but an awesome bath house. 3 private showers and 2 private bathrooms, shaded bleachers to spectate..... Nice place.... Fun for the WHOLE family....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 418

418 Expert #59

Picked up a TTR125 today. :cool:

Since no power are generators alright?

11. Cam Morehead

Absolutely. Hopefully you bought a Honda though...... ha ha ha :Poke:

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Ok, 20 hours, 1000 miles, one way... reality has struck.

I'll see if I can get some others to do a road trip as a group, I can't do that kind of distance solo. Looks like a damn blast, hopefully that'll make getting others easier.

13. TurboBlew

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Do having really long extension cords count? :)

Stay the hell away from me! :D

I'm throwing some BT45's and fat boy springs. That's about all for now. I don't want to blow my big bike budget on the mini stuff.

15. Cam Morehead

Put the genny on the neighbors front yard..... bahahaha. Keep this cheap. No race parts. It killed the sport when we all took it serious.....

16. TurboBlew

Thanks to Cam and the Herrins and everyone else for putting this event on! Look forward to attending more. :D

17. Cam Morehead

Good times......

[​IMG]

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Cam, I finally ordered the BT's today. Any suggestions on cheap option to respring the TTR? I am Pillsbury Doughboy boy sized so even the "heavy duty" springs I've seen are probably not enough for me. I don't want to play on a see saw. :)

19. Cam Morehead

Sweet. Contact long time AMA mechanic Dave Behrend at Fast Bike Industries. He is the suspension guy. He also has had lots of TTRs.... http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/

20. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

+1 Dave knows his stuff