1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

riders school question

Discussion in 'General' started by mbjtlr, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mbjtlr

mbjtlr Active Member

Does anyone know how I go about signing up for the riders school? I'm wanting to do it at the Nashville round later this month and race that same weekend. I cant fill out my license form since I have not completed the school. I've emailed and called WERA trying to get some answers with no luck reaching anyone. Do I just show up at the track that weekend and sign up for everything then? There is no forms for the school on the site, so I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me?

2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

They will have the paperwork in Registration, it only takes a few moments to fill out. Be sure to bring photo ID, because they want to be sure that Osama Bin Racin' isn't sneaking into the Rider's School. You will also need a credit card with a good credit limit. If your card is maxed out, maybe roadracing ain't for you :)

Get all your gear ready ahead of time, because you will be short on time on Saturday morning. Get into the post-registration line 1/2 hour before it opens, so you get processed early. That will give you some time to get your bike teched after you register.

As soon as you get registered, hustle your bike and helmet over to tech to get your stickers. Remove the bellypan from the bike and leave that in your pit. Bring your paid registration receipt and your completed tech form (remember to fill in the bike VIN on the top line) to the tech shed with you. Don't break the tech inspector's balls, they get that all day. Tell them you are new, and they will give you some valuable advice on what you need to do to be safe and legal. They will NOT let you have a sticker until you have everything gooped, wired and secured, so careful preparation is a must. (You'll find it VERY difficult to drill a bolt for safety wire while leaning on the bumper of your Minivan. )

Remember that every WERA staff member will help you if you are polite and not too incredibly stupid*.

While you are in tech, listen for the PA system announcement of the school classroom session beginning. Once you get into the classroom, you rinstructor will lay out the schedule for the rest of the day. Pay attention and don't bin it in the Mock Race. Just finish that race. Nobody ever got a MotoGP contract for winning the RS Mock Race.

If it stops being fun, you may be doing it wrong.

"Be safe out there!"

*If you are a total moron, they will make you surf this bbs all day instead.

3. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

You can sign up at the track. Go to the registration building and get a form,find the riders school instructor. Probably Ed bargy since he's also putting on a school on Fri. Have fun.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

yeah! what they said:D

5. mbjtlr

mbjtlr Active Member

Thanks for the answers and advice.