1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider qualification question

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2BFAST, Mar 26, 2003.

1. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask a stupid question already, but I needed to know where in "the book" I can find guidelines onthe CORC qualifications. I've been out of racing for a dozen years or so, but the bug has bitten once again. Now it's a matter of figuring out what classes I'm eligible to run. I have a 96 ZX7R, so I know vintage is out for now, but I'll be 40 in December, so I thought CORC might work...

The other issue is licensing... Will I need to take part in an approved school despite having held AMA Pro and FIM licenses in my past?

Just checking, and I appreciate any info you can provide!

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

as far as i know you will need to take a school if you do not have a current liscence, the WERA school is cheapest, and since you obviously have raced at hight levels you already know all about it. as for CORC i have no idea, i am no where near there yet,lol.

3. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I want to watch your Rider's School Race.

4. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I think CORC is like buying alcohol and tobacco, as in, "You must be born on or before". So maybe you can't race CORC until you actually turn 40.

5. 2OLD2BFAST

I'll let you know when and where on the school race thing... And it sounds like I can get some serious practice in between now and my birthday in December... In the mean time do you know if there are specific bike (size etc.) restrictions for CORC?

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

From the 2003 Rulebook:

CORC EXPERT & NOVICE (Crusty Old Racers Class)
    Machines limits per B Superbike (see below)
    All riders must be 40 years old or greater

B SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 750cc multis (Superbike up to 770cc)
    Up to 955cc 4 stroke triples(Superbike up to 970cc)
    Unlimited displacement 4-stroke twins
    Unlimited singles
    Vintage 5 & 6 machines
    * 250cc GP machines will be allowed in B Superbike.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Paige has the class rules ocvered so I'll take the license end of it - when is the last time you raced?

8. 2OLD2BFAST

The last nationals I ran were in 1989. I ran both AMA Superbike for a couple of years as well as your National Endurance Series on open class machinery. Bottom line is that I'd be more than willing to take a class if it was really needed, but that I think the majority of the changes in the last decade or so were in the equipment not really the safety issues or factors involved in racing. With that said (and despite a great track day experience), I assume I will start back in the novice ranks until such time that I get back up to speed (again, that assumes that I will go fast enough to warrant it).

9. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Do we have enough information for Deano to make a positive ID yet? :D

Unrelated question, when did the AMA F1 class end?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With you having ridden Pro for a while there's no need for the full school but we would like you to at least do the classroom portion - mostly to familiarize yourself with the flag and proceudre changes (things like the meatball flag, red falg rules, passing on a waving yeloow etc..).

11. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Some of the corner workers could use a refresher on this one.:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. 2OLD2BFAST

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for all the answers...

Relative to one of the comments above, I've been called a lot of things, but Deano hasn't been one of them. Sorry.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Randy Renfro was the last F1 champion in '86. Superbike replaced F1 as the premier class in '87.

15. weggie man

weggie man Well-Known Member

Ah, Randy Renfrow ...... the name conjures up images of a naked body streaking thru Seibken's Resort in Elkhart Lake, WI with the notorious ETB Jim Allen. LMAO and remembering Randy, R.I.P.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One of the worst and funniest images in my head is a naked Randy out cold on the floor (actually piled up on two other naked dudes) after running into the door.
    God rest Randy

17. weggie man

Ha! The door was a classic. Always check which way the door opens before streaking a joint.:D :D

18. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anyone remember when Randy and Dale Quarterly used to team up for the Suzuka 8 hr racers? I need to find that T shirt. It was a cartoon Dale standing next to a cartoon Randy (who was standing on a milk crate).
    Randy was a class act in everything he did.

20. weggie man

I remember the shirt ..... but I don't remember who put it out.