1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rickman Montesa

Discussion in 'General' started by intrcptrrdr, Nov 19, 2013.

1. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Just bought this bike. Anybody know a good place for parts and information?:

[​IMG]

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

3. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

My Dad just restored one. He said parts were hard to find but you can call his shop and see if he can give you some info:

Cyco Cycle 904-642-0722 ask for Stan

Attached Files:

4. intrcptrrdr

DDK732, thanks. My googling had me thinking as much. I'll call him.

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dereks dad Stan's is beautiful.:up:

What did you give for it if you dont mind me asking?....is that a 250?

I just sold a bunch of Montesa VR250 parts today, some guy in calif.....but those were later model parts,and not rickman.....stock frame, swingarm, and motor.....HA, I just realized / remembered I got that stuff in a trade from Dereks DDK732's Dad!!!!:beer:

Jared at Southwestern Montesa has answered a few of my questions. I have a bike listed on their for sale section.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  6. intrcptrrdr

Yes it is a 250. I am embarrassed to say what I paid as I think I rather stole from the guy selling it. He is leaving the country and needed to get rid of it.

It needs at least a coil and the body work. The motor is not seized and the transmission works. Stored inside. A classic barn find.

7. CharlieY

What a great find!...bravo sir.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hopefully it has the tail section?

Those are neat and I've always wanted a Rickman Triumph.

The engine aprts will be fairly easy to find. Its the actual Chassis that will be a little more tricky.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I picture Steve McQueen on that bike.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I had the same bike (mine was a '73 with a low pipe)...what is scary is that I bought it new! :up: Really wicked after I installed a VB370 motor in it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Those bikes are so cool...my dad put me on his when I was 10 or so and I just remember the shifter was on the right (wrong) side and I kept hitting the rear brake!

12. intrcptrrdr

It did not come with the number plates, seat shroud, nor the tail section. It looks like those can be had direct from Rickman.
    It also appears to have a Supertrapp exhaust.
    This thing will be a ton of fun to restore and then ride. I consider myself lucky to have scored it.
    I'll update this thread periodically as I get the project going.

13. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

That could be a lot of fun.

Coincidentally, I just scooped up a copy of Classic Dirt Bike at the news stand the other day, which had me drooling over old vintage stuff exactly like you scored.

Good luck!

14. CharlieY

Sorry in advance for the threadjack.....:D

Montesa King Scorpion 250 Flattrack bike for sale here!!!.....motor kicks thru, mikuni carb is good....spool front, its all there!....

...Back to your regular Rickman programming.:D

Hey Derek....you didnt try to ride that thing on the track your old man has in the front yard, did ya?....fun track on mini's fo sure, but I bet its a challenge on that beast!:D ....could you even touch the ground?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  15. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

So the dent on the tank was supposed to be there.......Ohhhhh

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Take a pic of that.

About 4 years ago, I sold a King Scorpion flat track bike here in P'cola. Never saw it again!

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Some nice vintage bikes being sold at the Mecum auction right now on the Velocity channel. A few Rickmans went for around the 6k range. KR was there selling a '04 Proton as well.

18. intrcptrrdr

Tank slappers...

19. CharlieY

Highly possible Rob, I got it from the Tallahassee area.....if its your old bike, tell me about it man!.....I got it out of a barn from somebody's ex-wife that was PISSED!....theguy had a CB175 roadrace bike too.

Attached Files:

20. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Na, it was our old house but the track wasn't any bigger. I couldn't touch the ground so I leaned the bike up against the tree. Once I figured out the forward kicking kick starter I was off!