1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review: Walmart Starter CoolMax clothes

Discussion in 'General' started by atl_hooligan, Aug 4, 2004.

1. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

I bought the long sleeve shirt ($11.98) and shorts (8.98) for Summit Point. The shirt made a HUGE difference! It kept my core a lot cooler preventing problems from overheating. The shorts work equally as well, but I think I'm going to get the Under Armour running tights. My knees stick to my leathers making it hard to move around the bike. I think the full length tights will solve this.

I also used a camel back for the first time. I took the bladder out and put it between my leathers and chest. Kept me nice and cool as well as hydrated. I just need to figure out a better way to route the hose.

Anyways go buy one of these shirts. It will keep you cool out there. You actually get a little cold when breeze comes by. I was really shocked at how well they work.

:D :D :D

2. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

The pants make a big difference in you ability to move around the bike. The fabric allows the leather to slide over your knee instead of sticking.

Nike also makes similar stuff, which you may want to compare. UnderArmor seems priced at a premium, but I have their shirt, and it is very high quality.

3. gregsachs

gregsachs Well-Known Member

discount underarmour is hard to find, but eurosport(soccer.com) sells it at a 10% mark down if you buy into their goal club for ~$20(onetime purchase). just fyi.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Isn't there more than one kind of Under Armour pant? I've been looking at getting a pair for awhile (same problem with the leathers sticking) ..

5. atl_hooligan

The tight lycra pants seem to be the way to go. Very light weight. I have a big problem with my knees sticking to the leathers too. I think I pulled a muscle at Summit because of it.

I'll have to check out the nike stuff too. There's an outlet not too far from me!

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I checked the local Dicks (Sporting Goods) today over lunch and they didn't have 'em - neither UA or Nike.

Might stop at another one if I happen to drive by .. .

7. atl_hooligan

Do you have a Sports Authority up there in Michigan? They carry UA. Go to an outlet mall if you have one nearby. Almost all outlet malls have a Nike outlet.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I think the SA near me just closed down. :D

No outlet malls, but when I do see em, there is always a Nike one. :)

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

The local Dick's here in Louisville has UA stuff. I'd recommend looking there yourself rather than asking the $5 / hr person...

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm sure some are different than others. The one I was at just had these pants with zippers at the foot and back pockets - not the right ones ..

11. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

loose gear- breathes well pretty much like nike dri-fit. loose comfortable fit and helps keep you dry.

heat gear- made to be tight and form fitting air blows right through and it dries very quickly to keep you dry. kind of hard to get into but you can slide in and out of the leathers really easily.

turff gear- made for football

cold gear- ( duh ) made for cold weather

I don't wear the tights mostly because I wear a pair of bycicle chamois shorts to stave off monkey-butt in the 2hour endurance stints....that and riding on a superbike seat when you don''t have much of your own padding you'll tak what you can.

12. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

all they sold at my wal mart was this

[​IMG]

13. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

14. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I've got an Under Armor shirt from Dick's that was $24.95 I looked at the Nike shirt and it was $40! No thanks. Haven't seen the Wally World version yet.