1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro-RR magazine

Discussion in 'General' started by YoshiHNS, Mar 22, 2019.

1. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

New magazine from the UK that is a "high-quality quarterly 132-page magazine that celebrates the golden age of the superbike."

Paid for the year subscription and got the first issue in a week or ago. Only about halfway through it, but I'm pretty happy with the investment. It's more like a paperback book than a traditional magazine. Even the paper has a nice feel to it. Tons of great pictures and good writing. Not sure how long they are going to be able to keep it going, but I'm sure there are enough stories out there to have a couple year run.

I think there is a US distributor, but I ordered direct off the website. Shipping is as much as the magazine if you order 1 copy. I ordered 3 for the same cost of shipping as 1 and split the cost with a friend. 3rd copy not spoken for yet.

http://www.retro-rr.com/

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

I will take your 3rd copy if you want to sell it

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yeah, I saw their FB page. Looks nicely put together. I used to love Brit Mags, mostly Fast Bikes because of the content and production. Lately the content and quality dropped. Bought a 6 month subscription for 30$ (a single issue is 15$ in news stands). I will not be renewing.

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I have a subscription to Practical Sportsbikes. It's better than pron...!

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Didn't Performance Bike get rolled into Practical Sportsbike?

6. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Just got news that Retro-RR is closing up. :(

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Did you get three issues?

8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Only got two issues. Refund amount shows they aren't printing the third or fourth.

Was always worried about longevity when I saw my order (placed after first issue released) was around #1100. That's not a lot of subscriptions they got. Shame. Think it was worth it for the pictures alone.

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I used to love the Japanese mags, are they still around?

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Been my experience too. First indication was a notice from PayPal of the refund. Honest of them to refund a partial if they aren't going to deliver another issue. Some would just ghost us. It was fun while it lasted.

ducnut likes this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, two US titles (same publisher) have gotten me, like that. I’ve let all my other subscriptions go. The last one, Automobile, started allowing left-wing editorials from their staff. Fuck that! I subscribed for the cars; not politics.