1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for opinions: Bohn Cool-Air ProRacer

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Bob E., Mar 29, 2003.

1. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

Has anyone tried the Bohn Cool-Air ProRacer back protector?

2. FastBoy

FastBoy Well-Known Member

Yep!

I started using it the first of the month and have five days of riding at the track (trackdays, practice, races) with it so far. I used an Alpinestars backprotector before, the hard shell type which was stiff as hell and would always ride up and prevent me from tilting my head back very far as it would hit my neck when I tried. I thought that was hazardous in a get off should my head get thrown back and my neck would hit that hard plastic possibly causing more harm than I would sustain otherwise.
    No such problems with the Bohn. It's lighter, less bulky while covering more of my back/sholders, comfortable and stays in position even when climbing into my leathers. It also extends further down to protect my sacral region (tailbone) and extends out at the top to cover my scapula (shoulder blades), something the Alpinestars didn't do. I'm 6'1" so I went with the larger of the two sizes of course. As far as the "Air" part goes, I can't compare it to the regular version because I've never tried the regular Bohn. I can tell you it breathes a hell of a lot easier than the Alpinestars and I don't sweat as much underneath it.
    Hope that helps.

3. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

That is just what I wanted to hear. I had decided to get the regular Bohn until I found the Cool-Air version on a web site.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i as well have the pro-racer. be sure to get the right size for your height. I really conforms to your body after many days of use. you can soak the thing in water and put it on. nice during summer. Thicker than some back protectors too so if your leathers are SUPER tight now, it will be tighter yet. neary 1" thick with the kevlar raised protectors attached to the main part.. i have "used" it too. had a pretty good get off landed on my back. Rode faster than ever later that day...
    later