1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reports from Election Bellweather, Derry NH

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Oct 31, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hate Literature
    (from Foster's Daily Democrat)
    DERRY, N.H. (AP) — Police say they’re getting complaints about a white supremacist group distributing hate literature in Derry and Londonderry.

The Arkansas-based White Revolution is formatting its messages as trick or treat tips this year, authorities said.

The literature claims children are at higher risk in nonwhite neighborhoods. Some of the materials solicit new members.

Authorities said the group may have distributed literature in other New Hampshire and northeastern Massachusetts towns this year.

Similar literature also was distributed in Derry a few years ago, Derry Police Capt. Vernon Thomas said.

I've been living in Derry for over 20 years and I wouldn't have any idea where to find a "non-white" neighborhood here.

People here still look twice when they see a black person on the street. They just aren't that common in Derry.

I think they're barking up the wrong tree here. We're more worried about the yearly summer influx of Canucks who show up at the town beach wearing a speedo and sandals with knee-socks.

2. In Your Corner

In case you didn't know, Derry NH, hometown of myself appears to be of great interest to the politicians this year.
    Learn more

Please don't hesitate to ask my opinion on various matters political, since my opinion seems to be important than your's this year.

:Poke:

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

:D You are making my gut hurt like it did this summer.:eek:

4. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Typical conservatives :(

:D

5. TeamNuclear

TeamNuclear At Least I'm Not Lever !

Re: Re: Reports from Election Bellweather, Derry NH

??????????????????????:D

6. In Your Corner

The student vote has evidently become a source of potential fraud in NH and is being heavily coveted and abetted by Democrat and traditionally liberal groups. Just as in Ohio, any mechanisms in place for checking the legitimacy of the voters is being fought and classified as unfair.

This was on, of all things, the Planned Parenthood website:

Dartmouth and Durham, NH — The Dartmouth reported that in 2002 lawyers affiliated with one political party went to Dartmouth and Durham, where the University of New Hampshire is located, and questioned the residency or citizenship status of individuals taking advantage of same-day voter registration. This policy allows college students and others to easily declare New Hampshire residency on Election Day and vote without completing forms beforehand. Those challenged were asked to sign an affidavit confirming that they do in fact reside in New Hampshire and are eligible to vote. The additional paperwork and confusion caused by the affidavits forced many registering to vote to wait in line for more than an hour. There were signs around voting stations stating (erroneously) that out-of-state students would lose state-based scholarships if they switched their residency to New Hampshire.

More on the issue.

A couple thousand students falsely declaring residency for a day can really skew elections here. The issue about students possibly losing scholarship money is a real one, local political groups are vowing to inform the home states of scholarship-gifted students that those students have declared legal residency in the state.

7. In Your Corner

8. In Your Corner

Some post-election trivia.
    I remember some of you saying you had long waits to vote and I thought I was lucky to not have to deal with urban polling places with their long lines, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Imagine my surprize when I found out that the very place I had to vote was the single largest polling place in the country (14,951 ballots cast).
    Maybe y'all need to send some state employees up to Derry, NH to learn how to do this here election stuff the right way.
    :D