1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace 170/60 with 160/60 ??

Discussion in 'General' started by dwheeler, Aug 2, 2002.

1. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

Would i have any problems take the stock tire from my sv (160/60) and placing it on my VFR, which has a 170/60 stock?

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Quicker steering and it may look funny because of it's narrower size but otherwise it shouldn't be a problem if the speed rating is correct. And this is for the street only I'm assuming.

3. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

It its the stock Metzler you might not want to bother, they are both hard as a rock and wear out quickly...:confused:

4. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

Yep, stock metzler. But i though if they would fit might as well use them up. They shouldnt be to hard to use for the highway? racking up alot of miles going to and from work.

5. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

You CAN use them for commuting and what not, just don't expect much traction and life wise.
    As an idea, rode my then new SV from Columbus to New Orleans, after 200 miles on I-10 in the summer the rear had a noticable flat spot down the center!

Maybe a 4-cyl. VFR will be kinder to them than a twin, but if not, you might be able to go another 6 months before buying proper new tires.

6. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I have a set of these with 250miles on them.

$100 and I'll pay the S&H