1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember that Pledge of Allegiance Guy

Discussion in 'General' started by Richard Lesher, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Are you saying that a Southern court, due to the religious affliations of the judges, would be unable to render a fair verdict based solely on the Constitution?? Interesting.................

2. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

No, I am saying it would make more interesting reading.

Some of you are Yanks, some of you are Rednecks. Those are the cool stereotypes. I get suck with being a Hippie. AHHHHHH :rolleyes:

Of all that has come out of this I think the most important thing I have observed is that if you marry and bring up kids it is VERY important that you and your spouse have VERY similar morals and religious ideologies. Great disparities can mold some pretty screwed up kids.

3. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

Hi man, the good ole south got the best judges money can buy!!

4. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Don't get me started.....

6. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Aparetnly "under god" seems to have arisen out of McCarthism. Under the Cold War mentality commies are atheists. The original issue was not if you belived in god or not, but if you were a commie.

Absolutely correct, Richard.

Let me chime in here and say that, in my humble opinion, "indivisible" says alot more about what I envision this country to be than "the other phrase." Why? We are a nation formed of peoples from various faiths, backgrounds, economic strata, yada yada yada, and yet we are "indivisible" as Americans. I like the sound of that.

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%! The biggest problem that I have with the whole thing isn't if the Pledge has "Under God" or "Under gods" or "Under Santa" but that my friggin' tax dollars are being wasted on bickering about it... (The same reason I can't watch CSPAN!). I agree that religion should be removed from anything the public pays for (i.e. not private as in schools) but removing those references is so low on my radar that they don't register. We have many other more pressing issues... Just don't add more! What's next, someone will complain about the fact that money has "In God we Trust" on it? (I saw that on the link!) Someone probably already has... If you don't want to use it because in has "God" on it, send it to me, I've got no problems with it!

8. shabba

shabba Mullet Title Holder

It is nice to know, as a brand new member of this forum and soon to be WERA, that I will not be the only person that holds the view I do on this. Living here in the south is hard for anyone who is athiest, agnostic, non religious or just any other religion than Christianity. Though I feel that racing and national politics are not neccesarily bunk buddies, it's comforting that if there is a discussion, there ARE others who agree with me. One of the biggest problems I will have teaching at my local college will be holding my opinion from my students. I hope that on the weekend a difference in opinion won't hamper an otherwise brotherly meeting between people who all love biking. Oh yeah, I totally agree with what I quoted here. VERY much so!