1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigned AMA Pro Racing website launched under the radar

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Haven't kicked the tires too much yet, but it looks waayyyyy better than the old one. Looks like most of it actually works, too. Feeling it out for a bit before further comment...

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

4. AM # 726

AM # 726 Well-Known Member

well....its not updated. The schedule for Road Atlanta is wrong....shows Auto Club Speedway. What else...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A lot better than that turd they had before.

6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

What's with all the garbage on the bottom of the riders page with all of the web links?

7. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

8. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

I think the site LOOKS a lot better, BUT where are the results and points? Please tell me I'm just missing it!

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

4th was a club race at miller. Of course, He woulda won but............if........only..........

10. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Wait really? They just *had* to make the section labels with Flash? Seriously? You couldn't put "Rider Bio" in normal HTML? Is that just to complicated that they had to do it in Flash? The ticker flash at the top keeps on making requests for it's XML payload rather than just loading it once per page visit. Another bad piece of programming, just like the two week later race recaps.

-steve

11. Knarf Legna

LOL, Steve, that's nothing, check out the source for the rider bio pages, like the first one,

http://www.amasuperbike.com/rr/riders/rider.cfm?did=3215

especially the section of the page between "Career Highlights" and "RELATED RIDER NEWS", like:

"<a href='http://www.access-able.com/dBase/details.cfm?id=267201362'>buy phentermine online</a> <a href='http://www.discovergold.org/cvb/whatsnew/whats_new_detail.cfm?press=49'>cheap carisoprodol</a>
    Homodimer paella, gauzy cubage. <b>Ingrained</b> vagosympathetic asg fellatio cornucopia excite vibrofinisher! <i>Feud</i> digitazaiton chromomagnesite recitation commonable <b>sidetracking</b>!<br> </span> <!-- Hypercycle intrigues cheating mishap iontometer logon anthrazo bxcgfmim alfalfa? --></p>

<p><a href="/rr/riders/rider_career.cfm?did=3215">View full career highlights</a>.</p"

Whoops! :D

12. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Yeah I can't figure out if it's some sort of ColdFusion security bug that's already been hacked. Buffer Overflow in ColdFusion that is pulling content some other site on the same server or someone doesn't know about Lorem Ipsum for generating test cruft.

-steve

13. Knarf Legna

14. caferace

caferace No.

d.'o.h.

That's sad, in a geekly sorta way. :)

-jim

15. Knarf Legna

They're hosting the site, those boys might want to take a hard look at their production servers. ;)

16. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Yeah, they have some issues.

-steve