1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Bull Rookies Cup 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by earacing, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

2. Bryan_A

Bryan_A Well-Known Member

Sad really.

This would be a great time to have AMA, or someone with a Sh*t ton of money, to step up with a US version of the Red Bull Rookies Cup/European Junior Cup/ Asia Talent Cup.

3. Yep, we have beat this up in here recently.. never gonna happen.. I'm not giving up.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like an American doing anything in RBR really gets them much of anything in the way of an actual GP ride. JD Beach and Jacob Gagne both won it. Look where they are now. Back in AMA. Granted, the hookup with Red Bull has it's positives. Some nearly guaranteed sponsorship. And getting exposure as a "Red Bull Athlete". But I'm disenchanted with RBR as a door opener to international teams for American riders.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

This was the reason, rightly or wrongly, that I never had Tyler try out. I will say it seems to have been a good move for Joe Roberts.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Even the tryouts are a big financial obligation with a very small chance of any return. The deck seems to be stacked against the American kids. That said, we will probably give it a shot if and when I feel that Caleb has developed a competitive skill set. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose. It will suck not having an American kid on the world stage to root for next season.