1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Riders Schools

Discussion in 'General' started by redhawkmoto, Apr 18, 2017.

1. redhawkmoto

redhawkmoto Well-Known Member

So newbie on here again looking for opinions. But I want to know what your rider school recommendations are.

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

where are you located?

3. redhawkmoto

redhawkmoto Well-Known Member

I will be in Texas for a little while but I'm just looking for the schools that are across the country hoping for Washington or Georgia next station

4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

this one always seems to get high reviews... i've never used them though, so i can't personally recommend them

https://ridelikeachampion.com

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Anything with Ken Hill.

TurboBlew, beac83, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not Ken Block. ;)

7. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Texas tornado boot camp sounds like a fun place to go.

G 97 likes this.
  8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Freddie Spencer. :D

TurboBlew, MotoGP1199, Kolbe and 3 others like this.
  9. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

I hear there's a long wait.

Newsshooter likes this.
  10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Ken Hill, I have more than a couple friends that are racers that have been taught by Ken, not a single one has ever had anything negative to say. He also helps a few MotoAmerica racers.

11. Stay tuned. There might be another option available in the near future. :)

dsmitty37 likes this.
  12. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I assume you're at Hood. I spent 23 years in Killeen before moving to Houston. Look up Ridesmart.info they are the big trackday org in Texas. If you decide to try out some trackdays when you get back let me know and I'll make sure you get setup with good instructors. You can always make your way out to the Texas Tornado Boot Camp also, more expensive but it's all inclusive from world class riders.

13. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

http://www.sportridercoaching.com/

A local CMRA racer runs that program. He's a good dude who corners low. I live in Temple, hit me up whenever you want to go to the track.

redhawkmoto likes this.
  14. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I think that is duggers school. Is Ty still doing classes? If so might be worth looking into he holds a lot of the CMRA track records.

15. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Jim Dugger runs it with Ben Gooding.

Ty still does private coaching at Cresson on a case by case basis. A day with him costs more than a day at COTA. I still try to swing it once a year though.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

YCRS
    I lucked out a few years back when they were at Miller and got to work with Bradley Smith . Quite a interesting experience, Cam and Josh were hanging around too. pfffft as if those guys know anything. ;) (The two-up with Scott Russell was worth the price of admission.)

18. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Are you hinting to your own Broome school of riding? If so, will it start out similar to karate kid......... Step 1: Wax on, Wax off (because all bikes need to be spotless for proper riding technique). :)

badmoon692008 and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  19. No. Not exactly. I won't be the main dude.

But I do like the last part. :D

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Don't forget cleaning the bugs out of the radiator with a toothpick. :D