1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Eric Spina injury @ VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by Peanut, May 27, 2002.

1. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

I wanted to let everyone know that Eric was released from the hospital yesterday around 6pm. He did break his C7 Vertebrae, but no surgery or halo is required!! :D However, he was fitted with a hard neck brace & recovery time is estimated @ 10-12 weeks. :( His fiancé & brother flew up Sunday morning & they got going back to AL shortly after his release.

He wanted to thank everyone who helped me load his trailer & keep track of the bike & gear, especially Buck, Glover, Chuck & crew, as well as everyone else who lent a hand & kept him in their prayers.

It could've been worse, but knowing Eric he'll be back out in no time! (Maybe now I'll have a chance to catch him! :D)

Thanks to the EMTs, VIR & WERA's staff as well, you guys are first class.

I'm sure when he can he'll post as well.

Speedy recovery homie.....

Peanut

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

Hey eric, (when you read this) sorry to hear about your accident, and i am very glad you are going to be OK. I hope you have a speedy recovery and will be back up soon. maybe we'll race again in the fall when you are better and i am back from canada. and i guess stoney gets the bike again does he,lol. Kent.

3. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

To Eric,
    Speedy recovery.I enjoyed the brief moment we had to talk about the races and hope to see you out there again soon.
    Besides if it weren't for you me and peanut wouldn't have pushed the honda's to the limit trying to catch up.:)
    Just remember you always a a pit space reserved with us.
    get well soon!
    your friend , anthony

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Holy Cow Peanut! I didn't know that was Eric that hurt his neck. Me and him were playing pretty hard at North Florida in January. Tell him John Walters said get well so we can go play again.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Peanut, glad to hear he didn't have to have surgery or a halo. Tell him we hope he feels better and that we get to see him again soon. :)

6. lfleming_77

lfleming_77 to punish and enslave

Hey Peanut tell Eric I hope he gets well soon and We will see him back on the track in no time.

7. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Wishes for a speedy recovery for Eric. Man you had us scared. :eek:
    Glad everything is going to be ok.
    Take care!

Jeff

8. jtroyh

jtroyh Well-Known Member

I haven't stopped wondering about your condition since you passed me 2 turns before you crashed. I'm really glad to hear that you're gonna' be alright. Your friend(Don't remember his name) in the pits said your neck was broken but no paralysis yet, I turned white when he told me that. I had the best seat in the house to see it all happen though. I must say it was spectacular. I was one spot behind you and couldn't believe my eyes. I will spare you any more detail until you ask for it. Thanks for letting me borrow the axle too. I assume your buddies put it away with your bike. I look forward to seeing you out there again.

I hope you recover as fast as you ride.
    Thanks again,
    Troy

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Get well quick!

Eric, hope you recover quickly and get right back to it.
    In case you wondered, Peanut gave us the green light to drink all of your power drinks while we got you packed up. I still have this problem with riding a good long wheelie on your scooter, but it does really nice endos :D You might wanna check the belly pan on that thing, 'cause I think I heard something rattling in there after my last rolling endo. :p

Get well soon cuzzin.:)

10. Glover

Glover Official Race Suit Tester

Very Good News!!!

I'm very happy to hear about Eric and I know he'll be back racing soon. Next time you call him, tell him the crew said hello!!

Medieval Racing,
    Glover #886

11. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

Re: Very Good News!!!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he is getting better :)

12. WERA

WERA Administrator

Glad to hear the news on Eric. I was a bit worried when I got to him. He actually followed orders pretty well once I started yelling at him to not move, quiter suggestions didn't have much of an effect (not surprising with him :) ).

If anyone talks to him pass on our well wishes and tell him to quit arguing and do what the doctors say!

13. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

LOL....That I can do!

14. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Peanut,
    It was good talking to you again this weekend. Nice to meet Eric, hope he is comfortable at least while he heals. When I saw the bike comeback on the crash truck and he wasn't with it, I hoped he was just scratched up. I will probably see you at Summit in a week or so. Til then .....

15. USMC DOC

USMC DOC Member

Glad to see everything is good to go!