1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD350?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Sprinky, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a decent source for a RD350 (1975) front brake caliper? My resto project came sans front caliper. From what I can tell OEM is no longer made.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I start digging into it. I'll try not to ask too many questions. This is my first 2T besides an old Bultaco Pursang that I had for a year or two.

TIA

2. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I'm sure a few of the Yam guys here have some in their Pile O Parts. I know I do but I can't get to them at the moment. If no one else can dig one up I'll be able to check mine in a week or so. The trick is to find one you can still get apart and get the pistons out of to get it cleaned out. Pistons and seal kits are available.

Mark

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. Sprinky

Thanks guys :beer:

It looks like that website just links to ebay auctions.

I'll keep my eyes out for one somewhere...

5. charles

charles The Transporter

contact www.hvccyle.com, ask for Brad, he can help you.

I will search through Garage #3 (Japanese parts) to see if I have one for ya.

If you're racing this bike at Roebling, you won't need brakes, but you will need several extra-long screwdrivers.:up:

Send me a 'PM' about any bike info you might need.

6. Sprinky

I stay away from Roebling, my screwdrivers are only 12" long and they get screwdriver envy of all the 3' ones. :D

I haven't been on the track for a few years now: time and money being the biggest factors. I picked up this RD to build a nice little street bike....and easily convertible to a slow track bike. I still have my V7 bike that could be called back into service if needed too. Time will tell if I get the leathers out again.

I'll give Brad a call today. Thanks! This place really does rock! :beer:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

There's a guy that's getting rid of a bunch of RD350 parts that's posted on the WERA board before and has an ad on caferacer.net that you might want to try.
    http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20681

In the ad is his email address. Might want to give him a try.

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I believe the same caliper was used on earlier XS 650 as well as TX/XS500. You can turn a rh into a lh by swapping the bolts that hold the caliper halves together and trimming the pad 'handles' (which otherwise hit the forkleg)or milling a new groove for the handle.

9. Sprinky

Thanks guys. The guy at HVC has some options ($), I'll continue to scan fleabay, and check into other model fitment.

Now just waiting for my tax return to get in as it's my slush find for this project.

10. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I have a spare f caliper in my parts box

11. FZRCraig

FZRCraig Offensive to Most

You could try MikesXS.com

Craig

12. Sprinky

PM Sent