1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD Rear Master Cylinder Mount

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by grasshopper, Jan 7, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This bike is a hybrid that is almost complete and gone through.

Bike has stock foot pegs and stock exhaust.

It had the RD400 wheels put on it before I acquired it. Stock it had a drum rear with spokes. The 400 wheels are mags with disks.

The old frame didn't have a title but I found an R5 frame with a title so I rebuilt the entire motor, cleaned it up and now I'm swapping everything over to the new frame.

The old rear master cylinder mount was mounted with holes drilled into the frame. I really don't want to do that this time. I'm looking for suggestions / picture examples for a more clean mount of the rear master without drilling the frame.

upload_2020-1-7_9-50-9.png

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

jspooner on 2strokeworld.net makes modified rearsets, he might have an idea or parts to help with that mod.

3. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I think your 2 best options without major changes would be to weld 2 tabs on like the stock RD400 frame had or to use clamps with a tab that go around the frame tube. Example of this style clamp can be found by searching McMaster Carr for "loop clamp".

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I like that idea. Thanks!

upload_2020-1-7_13-45-33.png

5. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member