1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC8R Akrapovic noise level

Discussion in 'General' started by BarryG, Feb 27, 2017.

1. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

In the process of acquiring a 2011 KTM RC8R, with the Akra system.
    Planning on trackdays at Jennings, and there's a 102db (I believe) limit.
    Does anyone have knowledge of what the race exhaust puts out, and if I'm likely to run afoul of the meter at Jennings?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

PM Aaron Borello (Twisted Speed).. He can tell you.

3. LilBabyGirl

LilBabyGirl Whiney Cunt

The limit is actually 104.

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You will probably need dB killers....those pipes sound like angels singing!!

DucatiBomber likes this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I never got the DB checked but you are going to be over the limit. Unless they check from the left side of the bike.
    The bikes are very loud and it all comes out of one cone on riders right side of the bike.
    What side do the measure from?

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Thanks, Aaron, just pm'd you so ignore that[emoji1]
    Good question, but my guess is as pipes run both sides of bikes, they measure inside and outside the track.
    Any idea how to quiet it down for the eventuality I'm over the limit? Maybe I need to talk to Akrapovic here.

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Potato in the pipes during sound test?? A dB killer you can enjoy after each session. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Thanks!

LilBabyGirl likes this.
  9. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Roll off slightly at the race control stand. I got dinged on my S1000RR in December, had to put in my dB killer.

10. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

There were two guys there last weekend with RC8Rs with Akra systems and neither got flagged (The Westby R1 got flagged and so did another R1 but those were the only two). I ran a S1000RR with a full Akra system and havent been flagged in 4 years. . .I think it depends on the gearing and where you are on the tach more than anything else (It was an R1 fest and none of them were quiet)

11. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Well, that is good news! I'll just have to make sure I'm lower in the rev range as I go past the stand.
    Thanks a lot! I was worried about getting there and being flagged off after my first lap. I'm sure they have to be careful all the time, and wouldn't want to add to their aggro from the neighbours.
    Cheers
    Barry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk