1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC51 Front Mount Radiator V7 legal?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jon686, Nov 3, 2011.

1. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I read the rules. I know it says if it is not listed you cannot modify it. I'm asking anyway. Is a front mount radiator kit legal?

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I wouldnt see why it would be illegal....I ran a 636 radiator on my FZR400 in V6LW and no one protested lol....

Moving location shouldnt matter...

4. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

If it's an RC51, then Superstock restrictions apply in V7HW. Whatever it says in CH9 of the RB.

From CH11 V7HW:
    Read CH9 carefully, but at a glance it looks like since the above bikes are exempted from the 'exact replica' bodywork Superstock requirement, other style bodywork would probably require you to move the radiators anyway. Seems logical that you'd have to modify the radiators somehow in that case.

5. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Did the bike come that way originally?

6. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

No, the 51 has side mount radiators. A lowside can be super expensive if you damage one.

7. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

are you going to come out and race if you make the modification>?

8. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

I had planned to do the mod anyway, but I didn't want it to hold me back if I decided to campaign the Mid Central series this coming year. I've had a great time spectating for the last two years after the birth of my last child and have finally found the time and funds to do a couple track days this year. I think I may be a better fit in V7 than in the twins or SS classes. I know that's a long answer, but Yes.