1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rausch Creek!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bart, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Quote from Rausch Creek website:
    The North Course at Rausch Creek has resumed construction. Rausch Creek has received final approvals on two issues which held up construction for over a year. This construction phase is expected to last several months and includes; construction of the mile-long main access road, required site drainage and erosion systems and the paving of the road course and paddock. No final completion date has been set at this time.

Looks like we may get a track for next year! Any chance of it making the schedule?

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'll believe it when I see it. Too many stillborn projects up in the northeast leave me skeptical. There's been the Bridgeport, Conn. track by Donald Trump, Mid-Atlantic Motorsports Complex on L.I., the resurrection of Bridgehampton (Fat chance, the pavement is gone), another Trump project in N.Y., and now this.

3. Wayne510

Wayne510 Active Member

The last I heard, the Trump project is going to be in NJ. I won't hold my breath, but I can still hope...

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Bartman whassup!!
    To restate what I said on another thread "many regions have tracks with a lot of imagination but the Mid Atlantic region has a lot of imaginary tracks"
    Don't forget to sign up for the Fall race and track days at the Shennandoah circuit at Summit Point.....
    hmmmmm imagine THAT :p

5. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

I guess I could go practice the Shenadoah during my lunch break on the xr80, might give me an advantage in 2024 when it opens! I think they had the "final" town meeting about it last week, I'll have to check on how that went. I overheard Bill Scott say the day after the meeting he would build us a racetrack...We'll see.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If weather permits, I'll ride past this weekend and report on activity.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2002
  7. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

dirt dirt and more dirt

I went by there this weekend and it looked the same to me..There are still parts that are surveyed and staked out but it looked the same to me...We have an event there next weekend (Oct 4-5) and I'll try to get an update then...

Will

8. lightsmith

lightsmith Seenyer Member

As I understand it, the information in the first post is accurate. The critical part is the order which, BY LAW, must go: 1)Access road, 2) Drainage, erosion work, 3) Actual track work.

9. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

Re: dirt dirt and more dirt

Just to clarify I was referring to Summit Point.....

Will

10. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

You know the old saying "Build it and they will come." ?

Let them finish the building part first and then Mongo will check it out and put it on the schedule when it's done.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Read the final line of their quote above - then hopefully this won't sound too bad - hell no!

When there is pavement, I'll schedule dates.

13. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Speaking of schedules, when does the new one come out for next year?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A final one - late November to mid December. I know people need to know ASAP but I'd rather not have you schedule vacation days and then have us move the races around (which happens until mid-November or so for some of the tracks).