1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raod Atlanta? questions

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by mikek, Jun 26, 2005.

1. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

can you believe that clicking 'Road Atlanta' link from WERA track info page goes here:
    http://www.raodatlanta.com/contents/complete07.php

Does anyone know if the gates at Rd. A will be open on thursday night?

Is there 120v power available in the paddock?

Do the Vintage folks pit anywhere in particular?

thanks,

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

yeah, they haven't fixed the link yet. :rolleyes:
    I haven't heard if they will be open Thursday night or not.
    I don't know, but bring a generator anyway.
    For the GNF, vintage usually pits in the "pro pits" on the infield, but the turn out should be smaller, so all will probably be in the paddock next to the concessions.

3. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

hey Mike- vintage guys usually pit down near the bottom on the "skidpad"- the old skidpad that is by turn 1. See you there

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Mike,
    I'll be there too, so let's make the V3 podium all BMW's.

I guess it's up to me seeing as how you and Brad are the only one's who have won this millenium.

Oh, and Brad/Kro, I fixed the gearbox leak, so I'm good to go!

5. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

Motoboy I had a tranny leak today at road a the output flange seal just started pouring out. We also had a small problem with the new bike but all will be well by this weekend. SO because off the seal problem I didnt get to run but like 8 laps on the v3 bike. But we will be ready to do the bmw thing we just gota beat some 2 strokes. Brad

6. krodaddy

krodaddy Well-Known Member

Hey motoboy, you don't know how happy it makes me to hear that your tranny was leaking and not the rear main seal. ( that I put in )

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I'd make a crack about diesels spewing oil and engine parts all over the place, but my track record hasn't been that great lately, so you get a free pass on this one......:D
    Better have everything fixed, Road A's gonna be INTENSE!!:beer:

8. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

got a ride on my first 2 smoke this last weekend but something about the words keep your hand on the clutch at all times makes me shy.:)

9. motoboy

Yeah, me too!

And RZracer...at least thirty races on this bike with only one mechanical DNF...not too shabby. Of course I've detuned it for longevity. That's why it's so slow in the corners.:p

I'll probably come down Friday sometime. See you'uns there!

p.s. I can get Yuengling here...who wants some?

10. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Beemer Help!!!!!!

V-bling/Cro-diddie.............HELP!!!!!!!!! Hurry!!

I need a cam (I have a 336 that is 'laying down' on the exhaust lobes) and lifters for my bike, otherwise I will have to bow out at Rd. A.

email: [email protected]
    cell 704-678-4260 anytime

If you have something you can part with I will be on the K12 Express to G-ville in a skinny minute

11. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Just rolled the K12RS into the garage after a quick 175m trip to meet Brad and pick up BMW parts.

BIG THANKS to Brad Phillips for opening up his bag-o-tricks and making available not only the cam and lifters, but seals, gaskets, etc to make sure the job is done properly.

If work will leave me alone tommorrow I will get everything swapped around and be race ready by the weekend.

12. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Mike- it is nice to see you will be joining us at Road A. It is great to race with such generous competition isn't it? Nice goin' Brad!

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Alright, I'll take the bait.....;)

What did you ride? How badly were you blown away by the all-superior power and handling? Who tuned it? (If you ever want to take a spin on mine, you'll NEVER hear me say "keep your hand on the clutch at all times". My shit doesn't sieze):cool:

(Oh shit!! Now I've gone and thumbed my nose at the 2-stroke gods!! I guess this means you guys will find me at the end of the back straight with a 250yd long skid mark leading to the smoldering pile of molten slag that used to be my rd......) :wow:

:D

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

You get a "Free Pass" since this was your first time........ :rolleyes:
    ok, first time this year.... :rolleyes:
    hum, first time this month........ :rolleyes:

forget it, you get a free pass anyway if you bring your trumpet to the track and play :up: ;)

15. motoboy

Blinky-Bling / Slodaddy,

Any chance you guys have a stock drum brake rear axle laying around you want to sell me Friday? I'm tired of having that shiny new Pit-Bull stand with no way to use it.

Thanks, you parts whores.

16. motoboy

"Slodaddy"...I kill me :D

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh oh oh...what to do...you've tempted the Hand of Fate...
    but not to worry, I've offered a sacrifice to the pit of flames: three bottles of A747, two used circlips, several seized pistons, and an autographed photo of Walter Kaden...
    May the 2-St Gods be appeased...

18. Vintage Bling

Hey Mike I hope the motor building went ok. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Motoboy I am sure to have an axle I will look tonight. Why is yours to short? Or have you been asking yourself that for a long time? :) I will bring one if i got it. I got my rollers so we can start ya. When ya getting there? Brad

19. motoboy

My shaft is too short because I left in in Ed Johnson's capable hands...:p

Sure as hell took 5 ounces out of it, though. He has mad skills.

I'm driving home tonight for muchas cervezas and visiting Tspt tomorrow to charge my battery and abuse Itssogreasy. Then I'll cruise doen to the track sometime mid-afternoon for mas cervezas and an uncomfortable night in the trailer. I'll find you there. What time are you going down? (to the track, pervs)

Some of the Maguire's crowd may be coming to spectate on Saturday, but you never know, they're a shower of flakes sometimes.

20. Vintage Bling

I plan to leave gville in the morning will be at the track before lunch. Brad