1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randy Renfrow

Discussion in 'General' started by Christian157, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Hard to Believe Randy Renfrow has been gone 10 years now. I still remember watching him at Summit Point in the late 80's tearing up the track on no matter what bike it was. He was the ideal racer. Unbelievably talented, highly competetive, humble, approachable, always willing to help others no matter who they were. I learned a lot from him and am forever grateful.
    Rest in peace Randy, you are still sorely missed by those whose lives you affected. To the newer racers who want to know the true definition of a racer, I recommend you read some stories about Randy. There are some over on superbike planet.com from yesterday.
    http://www.superbikeplanet.com/newind.htm/ Don't care if I get flamed for linking another website its worth it to share memories of someone in the sport who gave the rest of us so much. Christian

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I remember Renfrow too. A very cool guy and a great racer.

RIP Randy.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Kudos to Dean for remembering Randy every year.

RIP Randy

4. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

He was also really friendly whenever I'd run into him around Northern VA. And he rode the hell out of an FJ1200 at my first trackday. :beer:

RIP Randy.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

"You win thumb, you lose thumb."

Randy Renfrow

6. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I have the same doctor as Randy Renfrow did. I show up in the office a couple of weeks after binning it pretty good; he goes "hey, Randy Renfrow used to be my patient and he died falling down a flight of stairs, so don't stop racing, it's dangerous."

Best 60+ year-old doctor ever.

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Did he really say that??? :crackup:

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

9. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

Toes Up!

10. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

I briefly talked to Randy at Sears once when he rode a pit bike out to a turn,very friendly and answered my questions,he seemed pleased I approached him to ask about racing.A real classy guy liked by all,fellow racers or fans

RIP buddy

11. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

Randy

use to set in the motorhome and talk to me and darethea while I worked on his leathers . nice guy. I'm sure he's missed by a lot of people. bill and darethea

12. Perlzuki

Perlzuki Well-Known Member

Randy was a hell of a guy. Raced motocross with him & his brother Shawn in the 70's. They were always big fun to be around & funny as shit
    . He was fast on a dirt bike as well. He always had bad luck & kept a smile on his face. He is missed!

Mark