1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator Guard Homemade

Discussion in 'Tech' started by prb110, Feb 20, 2008.

1. prb110

prb110 Well-Known Member

where can i find that thick screen or thin metal sheet with right size holes to allow airflow but not restrict it much? i've seen guys have them but they didn't know. someone else put it on. i've tried lowe's, and all normal hardware outlets. the cox guard is 62.00 and probably weighs a ton. 2006 gsxr600. suggestions please. thanks

2. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

The Cox guard is plenty light and works great...definitely worth the $.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

We talked about the stuff they use for the lower part of a screen door. I don't see paying a lot for that stuff. s

4. slipstream

slipstream Active Member

Wood fireplace screen. A local metal yard should have it.

5. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

the screen door stuff works great then get some small dia. clear tubing and zip ties.. works great done it many times.. CHEAP. Seems like there was an article about that last year or maybe before in a RRW. The metal screen you put on a wall before stucko mud works also, just a little bigger mesh. its cheap also.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That stuff is called expanded metal. You can get it from most metal supply places or Mcmaster-Carr. They also make it in Al for light weight.

7. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

You can also go to a Staples, Office Depot, Target Store, etc. and get a mesh trash can, letter holder etc. Usually they have one made from aluminum mesh that has just the right size hole pattern and you will spend less than $8 for it. Used a waste basket for my GSXR 750 radiator, $6. :beer: