1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing this weekend?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Apr 24, 2002.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

As a way of getting away from what the "vintage payout" thread mudslinging.

Anyone racing this weekend? I'm starting my racing season this weekend at Fasttrax held at the smooth as glass Nelson Ledges.

Anyone feeling like coming out to play can come on bye & hand me my ass :D Hell, if were lucky it may even rain ( dare to dream)

Your not find a finer paved motocross track anywhere:cool:

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Talladega

If you don't like Nelsons, cmon down to Talladega and enjoy the sunshine...

3. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

hey lizard, i got an invitation after summit last weekend to go to nelsons and ride a nice new bike this weekend. maybe i'll see you there.
    rob.

4. lizard84

:cool:

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Re: Talladega

Yea, Lizard84... It's a fun track and you get to see some great racing since the entire track is visible. Got some stout too.

6. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

I'm there!

Do you have an endurance ride for this weekend, Bob? Could you show me how it's done in the wet?!?!

I've been carting around some rains that Rich Hargis gave me back in 2000. IIRC, he got them from JB and JB said they would work. Well, they don't. :( That means rain for sure.

7. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

If the shoulder cooperates, I'll be there with my trusty old 400. However, I don't know if it will he healed sufficiently by then since I separated it last Sunday at Summit. I think left turns may be a problem at this point.

And don't knock Nelson Ledges; if you can get your suspension working there, you can ride anywhere! :D

8. lizard84

Knock it, you know me, I love the place.... my home away from home.

I race there forever, or until Beaver run opens... Will be nice haveing a track so close
    :cool:

9. lizard84

I take it the shoulder did not cooperate, see you at the next one.

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Not really; it was still too tender to ride. Well, I probably could have, but it wouldn't have been too much fun. And in that case, why bother?

But yes, I'll be there for Round 2.

11. lizard84

See you there.

Meanwhile, in unrelated events.........

An RD was racing in Vets B & out of nowhere the stinger just falls off......

Later, I'm in my pit when Jimmy Clark pulls back in on his new (to him) RS 250 with it not running right. The front cyc plug wire just thought now would be a good time to pop off the spark plug.......

What does it all mean?

2 Strokes SUCK....

Perhaps.....

12. STAN LIPERT

STAN LIPERT Well-Known Member

Bob,
    That was no stinger but a carefully disguised bazooka-launched muffler core,my apologies for using 3/16 aluminum pop rivets on my pipes that J.Dudly borrowed.

13. lizard84

No worrys Stan, its not the last rivet that will ever fail at Nelson, I assure you...
    :D