1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing at Nashville Super Speedway

Discussion in 'General' started by wera94, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Why, yes, I am afraid to race in the rain. In the immortal words of Keith Code, I do this to amuse myself. I'm not amused by being cold and wet. And as a daily bicyclist in the summer, I can assure you that when it rains here it's either cold or storming. Storming is the rule, so visibility frequently goes to less than 1/4 mile when it rains here in the summer.

I'm having a little fun riding this horse to death. Truth is, I'd race here if I find a second set of wheels for full rains. There really would be a problem, though, with the extremely stormy nature of the weather in terms of tire choice and visibility. We do get 72 inches of rain a year here, by the way. I kind of enjoy driving out of it to race in drier climates. But if you guys want to come to my neighborhood, come on down.

Did I mention that the grits in Alabama are a lot better than the grits in Tennessee? [​IMG]

2. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to take up jet skiing-you bicyclist,you.Then again,you might get wet.

3. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Great Tardholio---How mighteth I be as greateth as thoweth.It happens to the best of us!!!

4. commotoed

commotoed New Member

ive run 4 high performance driving schools with N.A.S.A. at nashville (in a car). the roadcourse is about 1.6 miles in length, the pit facility is excellent, the nascar track is concrete and infield section paved. i raced st.louis w/wera in 2000 and nashville is superior. there may be some divsion walls where the roadcourse comes off the backside of the nascar track, but adequate clearance seemed available. access to the roadcourse was from the inside of the track via tunnel under turns 4/3. easy access to track and plenty of lodging on both sides of track. ive missed racing m/c this year, but should return next year if everything comes together as planned. wera ex149

------------------

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Thou must obtain a following of peasants to pull thine finger on command. [​IMG]

6. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Peasants? Command? Thou doth have a trapped fart in your head; it swelleth beyond all reasonable proportion! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.pksracing.com

7. Bad Iguana

ROTFLMAO [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Bad Iguana

I'm melting, I'm melting, aaaaaagh!!!!
    [​IMG]

9. WERA29

Methinks thou doth think too much of thyself. Even thou hast willfully pulled my finger this season peasant girl! [​IMG]

10. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Speaking of pulling thine finger.I dideth just pull thine own.

[This message has been edited by wera94 (edited 12-06-2001).]

11. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

I just did this reply so that I could get that little flamey thing out beside my post!

12. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Cool-It worked!Now Im almost as cool as Tardholio.I still have to pull my own finger though.Oh yeah--I still wanna race at Nashville Super Speedway!

13. WERA29

Just during the off-season. Come and visit The Row next season and I'm sure you can find someone to pull your finger. [​IMG]

14. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

WORD!!

15. WERA29

Be warned! If you extend your finger toward PKS and she gives you the look [​IMG] just walk away and find someone else to pull it. [​IMG]