1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race to The Bottom...

Discussion in 'General' started by Trunxgp1224, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

...of the bottle.

Showed up to the races but didn't actually race so in true fashion found something else to compete in. Obviously my friends had no faith in my ability to hold alcohol with their estimated .14 and my actual .08

27973069_10156085956475912_702545205334759153_n.jpg 27750425_10156085955155912_886792605920785822_n.jpg

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That could be really bad or fun :D

3. Trunxgp1224

Whats funny is the people yelling at me in the hot tub telling me I'm drunk and need to go the fuck to sleep are the ones blowing .18-.21

I'm usually the designated drink maker, so I can scientifically know when to start cutting people off.

BigBird and G 97 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, people need to not base my level of drunk on the fact that we've had the same number of drinks and they are trashed :D

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

LOL. Can't tell you how many times I've been at a party or out or something, and one of my buddies will say "don't try and go beer-for-beer with Scott" to someone I normally don't hang out with.. I drink FAST. Water, soda, beer, doesn't matter. Always been that way. It doesn't end up well for most people. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Does make it fun when it all hits me tho :D

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You sound exactly like the dude to pound 'em with.

:timeforabeer: Cheers!

Scotty87 likes this.
  8. Trunxgp1224

beer makes me sick

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You just need more practice.

Sabre699 and Scotty87 like this.
  10. Trunxgp1224

Not sure, I'll get a stomach ache with one beer and usually throw up.

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

In my experience, having one of these gets real bad real fast. Even the cheapo ones that probably aren't close to accurate can be dangerous.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Let's get some fuckin' French Toast!"

[​IMG]

That's what I'm thinking. I mean even the ones the police use if they aren't properly calibrated before each use they can throw incorrect readings that lawyers can use as grounds in court to throw out as evidence. I somehow don't believe a little plastic doohickey jammed in your pocket and plugged into your iPhone is going to give anywhere close to an accurate reading each use.

kangasj and cha0s#242 like this.
  13. Trunxgp1224

A lot of independent tests put them within a few thousands of the calibrated machines.

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I need to clarify, when I say "bad" or "dangerous" I'm really saying, "you're going to end up a drunk sloppy mess":D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I could see using one as a general double check for legality, doesn't need to be super accurate for that. GA doesn't allow them for DUI stuff even if done by the pros. Should be like a dyno though for bad bar games, it may be off but it's off the same for everyone equally :D

16. Trunxgp1224

There's one nondrinker that shows up to hang out every weekend and he's the designated calibrator. It's usually off +.004 This time it was off +.007. But if everyone starts off at .007 then it doesn't matter. All I know is I downed 17oz of vodka in 3-4 hours and came out at .08 :cool:

I ordered a new one so I have my own too play with at local parties and use as a give me your keys tool for those I know put themselves at risk for drunk driving. This company, BACtrack offers calibration services if you send it in once a year.

17. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

The same has been said about me with tequila. :D

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

ive had a bac track one for years, mom gave it to me one christmas. its fun, BUT, the instructions say you have to wait 20 minutes from your last drink before using it or it can break.

that is the longest 20 minutes when you are trying to win.... :D

19. Trunxgp1224

We found just rinsing with water works well.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Presumes the error is linear. :D