1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Tech Shim Application Chart

Discussion in 'Tech' started by coiz, Feb 26, 2005.

1. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to install a set of Race Tech gold valves and springs in a 1999 R1 and we have the video that shows you how to phisically change the parts, which I already know how to do. In the video it states " Take the combined weight and the riding style, street/track/race and use the application sheet or chart to determine correct shim stack." The problem is that I don't have the shim stack application sheet.

The Race-Tech website is down and even when its not it asks me for product registration numbers, which I don't have. These are hand me down valves going into a track only bike the guy rides 4-5 times a year.

Does anyone have this application chart you can describe, email or fax to me? (901)751-9624 fax. Or if you want to post the answer here, the rider is 230lbs on a basically stock 1999 R1 with race plastic. He would want the race-track shimming and we were going to use 5wt oil if that makes a difference in the shimming.

Planned on doing this work tonight so if someone has a copy to send me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. BigBadGixx

BigBadGixx Well-Known Member

There website isn't down that's what I thought for weeks until I called them. Turns out it's probably the most un-userfriendly website ever. When you got the kit you are given a access code which you have to use on their website to find the correct shim stack. If this isn't working for you just give them a call and explain the situation and they will be glad to help you out.