1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race School Nelson's Ledges.

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by mmears750, May 1, 2019.

1. mmears750

mmears750 Member

I have completed the AMA membership, paid the WERA fees and received my receipt and paperwork in the mail. The school is on Sat 5/11/19. Is there any other fees that go along with it. I've seen race schools held with Trackdays and there is the cost of the trackday along with the the additional cost of the school. Just so I know what $$$ to bring with for the weekend.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Gate entry, usually 20 or 25. Race school is 80. The school includes a couple of rounds on the track and your mock race. Don't fall down in race school and you can enter the Saturday afternoon races, so whatever the entry fees for the races are.

Good luck!

wheelz96 likes this.
  3. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I just went through this two weeks ago. $80 for racer school and $105 to enter a race and another $80 for an additional race. I ended up racing in two classes and paid $185 total for both races plus the $80 racer school fee. Make sure you register for the classes in the morning and don't wait till after racer school to register. I made that mistake and wasn't a favorite up in the scoring tower:D.. However, lots of people to help you in the process! Pit fee will usually be a cash deal but you can use a credit card for just about everything else... Have fun you will love it!

4. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

How does Nelson Ledges compare in safety to other tracks? Are there hard things close to the track in bad places.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't give you an exact answer as there are always hard things in bad places if you go far enough off track but the tire walls are far enough back now we're willing to race there again.

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thanks Mongo, I'm looking forward to trying it since it is not too far from me.