1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

race prepping a buell xb12 or xb9??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bentforks, Jun 30, 2005.

1. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

what is needed to make this a competive bike and how much will it cost
    thanks

2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Don't know but you might want to try some of the HD websites to see if they have any info.

3. artvandelay

artvandelay Importer/Exporter

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Competitive in what class?

5. bentforks

6. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Thunderbike

7. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

how heavy are they, i always imagined them as a fun-to-ride bike so it gave me the impression of being light? is it?

8. bentforks

yeah

9. bentforks

dont know havent ridden one yet

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ill probably get flamed for saying this but are you sure you wanna race this bike???
    I dont have much racing experience but both times at Daytona (CCS) I watched the Buell dudes pushing there bikes back to their pit. They just dont seem like a dependable bike for racing IMO if you want a twin go with an SV650, they're a blast to ride.

11. bentforks

Re: Re: race prepping a buell xb12 or xb9??

already have an sv

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A friend and I swapped rides at a track day earlier this year- he works for HD and races an XB12 and an older tube frame model. His XB felt slow, but RAN away from my '03 SV on the straights. I only did 3 laps on it, couldn't get used to the weird handling- it felt resistant to turn in, then when leaned far enough did a little wobble and settled and held a tight line easily. He stayed out the whole session and came back all grins...said "if I didn't work for HD I'd be racing one of these!" His bike has all the usual goodies- chain conversion and carbon ram air being the most noticable. I understand wanting to do something "different", but I don't think the Buell route is worth it.