1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race fuel vs premuim unleaded

Discussion in 'Tech' started by The_Jarhead, May 24, 2007.

1. The_Jarhead

The_Jarhead Active Member

My wife recently baught me a new track bike.

It was a AMA SuperStock bike that had been running race fuel. actualy still has 1/4 tank in it.

Is there anything I need to do if I switch to Premium unleaded?
    Can I just add it to what is in there or should I drain it?

Any adjustments need to be made to the Power Comander?

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

to have it perform at its best using the premium gas, it SHOULD be remapped.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

You have a cool wife. Bastard.:Poke:

4. bikesandcars

bikesandcars Active Member

what kind of race fuel? There's the stuff like Sunoco Standard 100 that is basically just refined fuel with higher octane, and then there's the special super-oxygenated hyper chemistry fuels. Obviously (or not?) if it's got fancy fuel the switch to standard fuel will be more dramatic.

Not sure what "superstock" rules allow for AMA. If they allow "maintenance shaving" of the block and thereby increased compression you might have a problem on 93 octane (highly speculative on my part)....

5. Iggy

Iggy Active Member

I must have read something wrong....Who bought you an AMA bike again?? Some how I got the silly idea your wife did. :wow:

6. TWISTED METAL

TWISTED METAL wanna be track owner

a buddy of mine has an 04 attack zx10 and he only uses vp....

don't know y but thats all he'll put in it....

i've tried it in my bike and really only noticed that great smell....!

7. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

You really should take it to a dyno and have it remapped for the new fuel your running. You will be glad you did.

8. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

A buddy of mine has an old M4 Emgo Suzuki that was mapped for U4 but he just runs 93 or 94 octane in it. It would probably perform better if it were remapped, but it still runs pretty darn well.

9. The_Jarhead

The_Jarhead Active Member

Yes my wife did buy it for me.
    It wuz her anaversery gift to me (10 years) she's cool like that.

It wuz the Hooters Race bike.

I'm going to have the hooters crew work on it this weekend for me and reset the suspension and dial everything in for me.

10. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Wife buys you a former Hooters bike? Does she have a sister.

11. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

basically, if the bike was jetted pretty close on [oxegenated] race fuel, it will be jetted a little richer on pump gas: if too rich,[ like it momentarily speeds up when you back off the throttle] go to one size smaller main jet: oops -sorry, fuel injection: can't you just tell a power commander to go 3% leaner?

12. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

yes you can, by pressing the buttons on the PC but not as precise as remapping the PC.