1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race entries for contingency question

Discussion in 'General' started by SVandST, Jun 12, 2008.

1. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I was in a race at Summit that had more than the minimum number of people on the grid to earn contingency. But then there was a wreck that involved several bikes and the race was red flagged. When it was restarted the number of riders was now less than the minimum required. I already got paid (thanks Michelin :up: ) for one of my other races that day, but I haven't been paid for this race. My guess is that it's because the number of riders on the restart was used as the criteria. That doesn't seem right to me. Is that how it's supposed to work? :confused:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Would think if it was red flagged in the first lap and restarted as a new race, the minimum wouldn't be met?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I try to set things up so that on a restart has the people who made the first start but not the second listed as a DNF.

Email me details and I'll double check that event.

4. SVandST

Email sent. Thanks.

5. hintonrsvr

hintonrsvr Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. F2 at summit. Mongo do you need a second e-mail to look into each rider or just the one looking into the race?
    Thanks

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that's the class he's talking about one will suffice. If not, send me details (event and race).

7. SVandST

F2. That's the one.

8. hintonrsvr

9. hintonrsvr

Were the results for this race able to be updated?
    Thanks

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Did it yesterday, on mylaps now and they're set for once we get the reports done for the sponsors.

11. hintonrsvr

Great, Thank You

12. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Does Pirelli have the minimum rider requirement? It doesn't say on the Wera contingency page but we had a similar situation at Gingerman on 5-19. 10 started, 2 say DNS and 2 say DNF.

13. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Rumor has it Pirelli is being strict about the grid sizes this year which seems to be the case since I have received ZERO DOLLARS from them this season.

Mongo, I know you said you were not happy that it continues blame the race organizations on the Pirelli website ie "waiting for club/org to send results". Perhaps someone at WERA could get intouch with Pirelli as my many messages left with them continue to go unanswered. If they are not going to pay it should just say so on their website in our validation area. This is getting rediculous.

14. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Yes, Pirelli says still waiting but Vortex doesn't show my results either and I haven't received anything from my other sponsors for the same weekends. I think both parties are slow to send/get/post results.

15. SVandST

Thanks for getting it fixed, Mongo.