1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RA Vintage - Who's going?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JBall, Sep 5, 2017.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Had some work conflicts for some of the NC events this season, so to get another fix before the year is almost over, I taking my stuff down South to Road Atlanta for V5 and V6LW. If I come all that way I might as well bring the 675 to make it a full weekend.

Looking to see who else might be coming ( and who might have a set of roller starters I could use for the hard start in the morning when it's cool).

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

In for the not so vintage V8 HWT.

TLR67, ToofPic and JBall like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Have you discussed your concerns in a public forum about this v-8 rape? :D

4. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I'll be there for V6LW & V6MW and will be bringing my 675 as well.

Fairly sure Kurt is planning to make a statement in the V5 class.

JBall likes this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Who's raping who?!

6. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

I'll be in for the GP350 and GP500. Friday at Tally with AHRMA, Saturday at Road A., then Sunday at Tally to race with AHRMA. I want to race at the Barber Vintage Festival this year.

7. ToofPic

You gotta put the semi modern race bike,anti rape gauntlet down, of course!! Now git out there and whoop some ass!!! Rules schmules.
    Flip it!!

8. No Brakes

BTW, I have a roller starter you can use. try to pit near me

JBall likes this.
  9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Duck 150 , always has one ....

JBall likes this.
  10. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I'm packing now and will head toward Atlanta tomorrow morning. I'm a little worried about the weather.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Its gonna be awesome.... just like it has been the last couple days!!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weather for the weekend will be great. It's once everyone gets home that will be a possible issue depending on where you live.

13. boogiesg

boogiesg Well-Known Member

I'm going to try and give myself enough extra time to get up there tomorrow morning without missing a practice session but evacuee traffic has really increased the travel times.

14. JBall

Buy gas when you can. Some places near the track are out.

15. ToofPic

Mansfield,and several other companies were hitting the qt's,and race tracks tonight.
    Hopefully you guys wont have any fuel problems.
    I just got home..We got raped tonight with late water orders.:(

16. ToofPic

Any reports from todays racing?

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Weather was great Saturday. Sunday OK but wing gusts. I did not hear of any bad get offs but I was pretty busy.

I ran Bill Browns (and Mitch and others) HMGP in association with WERA. Lots of track time and a great bunch of guys. I also ran V6HW but fouled plugs at the start on my 2 stoke :(.

This was my first time at road Atlanta and only my second real race but Road Atlanta is a great track. Best surface I've ridden on so far and the elevation changes, yikes!

yamageezer, ToofPic and TLR67 like this.
  18. JBall

A big thanks to Keith Buras, Kurt Kessler and family, and all of the other Team Yo folks for their hospitality, and use of the roller starter Saturday morning. I had a couple of great battles in V5 and V6LW with Eric Crews. We swapped positions in each race, and he got the whole thing on video. Good times at RA.

Duck150 and No Brakes like this.
  19. No Brakes

Enjoyed having you hang out with us. Also, thanks for letting Eric beat you in V5. Looking forward to GNF

V5 Racer, Duck150 and Killswitch like this.
  20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Glad you came over to hang out with us. Too bad Shakes isn't up to the challenge of running at the front, you guys looked like you were having a great time. See you at the GNF.

JBall likes this.