1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 YEC harness & GPX Pro data acquisition - connectors?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Eskimo, May 31, 2016.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to use a new-to-me GPX Pro4 to log some data from the YEC harness. For those who have done this before, 2 questions:

1: Where are you getting the female side of the plug with the pins to mate with the harness? (I guess I could try and find the proper pins that would mate into the dummy plugs and make them work, but that seems unnecessarily complex.)
    2: The power that's also available at the 2-pin power supply connector - is that switched power that I could run/charge the GPX from? (Not a big deal if this isn't known - I can probe it, just wondering while I'm at work.)
    yecharness.JPG

2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

1. Talk to Rick Matheny. He may still have a harness to plug into the YEC stuff, or at least should be able to get you the connector

2. I believe that is only on when the bike is

Eskimo likes this.
  3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Use the existing plug and get some pins. You can get them from Mouser, or at a dealer via K&L, or I do have them. FRS-101 and 102. The tool you use to crimp is important and decent ones are over $120. I could build the subharness cheaper than that. Let me know if I can help either way.

4. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

1. What Rick said. I, however, did not take the time to do so and spliced them in because I was in a hurry... Works fine, but the ghetto way to do it.
    2. Only on when the bike is on.

5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

sub-harness? 'splain, Lucy :)

6. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

sub harness - a wiring harness that Rick will build with the correct plugs, all you have to do is connect the ends

Or, you can buy the correct plugs, figure out the pin diagram, and build your own